<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9407" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-09-10T06:00:15+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9407</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sgraham]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-09-10T06:00:15+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-09-10T06:00:15+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31692#p31692</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31692#p31692"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Profiling on Android devices]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31692#p31692"><![CDATA[
I have been testing my app which uses Bullet on 3 different Android devices. Spec wise, each of the devices have pretty much the same hardware except for RAM (which I shouldn't be using a lot of), yet 2 of the devices run a LOT slower. I'm curious if anyone can tell me why that might be, and more importantly, if anyone knows a fix. Also note that all I have in the scene is a static tri-mesh for ground &lt; 100 tris, 1 primitive sphere collider, 1 texture loaded and some basic lighting - using OpenGL ES2.<br><br>Nexus 4 (fastest - runs smooth) - 2GB RAM Android 4.3<br>Prime TF201 (slow) - 1GB RAM Android 4.1<br>Ouya (slow) - 1GB RAM Android 4.1.2<br><br><br>I managed to do some profiling today on my native code, which is where Bullet is being used. I was surprised to see that a lot of the slowdown came from Bullet, not GPU commands or fill rate as I had suspected (at least as far as I can tell.) I am new to profiling however and wondering if anyone would mind taking a look at my data or give me pointers on how to interpret the data.<br><br>For example, one big difference is btCompoundCollisionAlgorithm::processCollision() running 8.82% of the time on the Prime where on the Nexus4 it took ~0%<br><br>On the Ouya profile it shows a whopping 20% used by btVoronoiSimplexSolver::updateClosestVectorAndPoints(), where I didn't see that one at all in the other graphs and have no idea where or what might be using that function.<br><br>Does anyone familiar with these functions know what might be causing the rather large differences? Could it be the RAM or Android OS or something I am doing wonky or just reading the data wrong?<dl class="file"><dt><span class="imageset icon_topic_attach"></span> <a class="postlink" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1113">GProfsAndDots.zip</a></dt></dl><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10403">sgraham</a> — Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:00 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
