<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9390" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-09-03T21:57:16+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9390</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[agoose77]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-09-03T21:57:16+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-09-03T21:57:16+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31661#p31661</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31661#p31661"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Determine Impulse / force of collision]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31661#p31661"><![CDATA[
Hi everyone,<br><br>I was attempting to add some collision information to the Blender Game Engine which currently has no information about the contact points/collision impulse in the API for physics.<br>It seems that when I read the impulse from the getAppliedImpulse() (unlike m_appliedImpulse which reads zero) It doesn't consider the object's mass. I was wondering why this is?<br><br>Newtonian <span style="color:#FF0000">don't</span> mechanics state; <strong class="text-strong"><em class="text-italics">(What was I thinking!?)</em></strong><br><br>F = m*a<br>F = I*t<br><br>I = F/t<br><br>I = (m*a / t)<br><br>However Impulse doesn't seem affected by mass. Would this be correct psuedo code (for force)? Otherwise, is impulse just the acceleration?<br>btManifoldPoint&amp; cp = ...<br>MT_Vector3 force = (MT_Vector3) ( cp.m_normalWorldOnB * cp.getAppliedImpulse() * timeStep; )<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code></code></pre></div><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9892">agoose77</a> — Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:57 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
