<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9384" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-08-31T02:08:10+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9384</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[tkefauver]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-08-31T02:08:10+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-08-31T02:08:10+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31650#p31650</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31650#p31650"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[A few unsolved issues for a Pool Simulator]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31650#p31650"><![CDATA[
I'm in the process of writing pool simulator with bullet but there are a couple nagging problems I can't seem to figure out or find an answer here on the forum. So I'm hoping someone can help me with at least one! <br><br>Here's some notes about my environment:<br>-my world is relatively small, the pool balls (btSphereShape) radius are roughly 0.05m<br>-i'm using stepSimulation(1/300,10,1/300) this maybe a little extreme<br>-the rails and balls collision margin are set to 0.00004<br><br>My issues (by importance/confusion):<br>0. On some, usually longer, small deflection shots, the object ball doesn't follow its intended path but my calculation works on other shots! <br>1. The balls occasionally, using when moving slowly will drift into the rail, bypassing the collision<br>2. Setting rolling friction causes the balls to dissapear when they collide <br><br>My question's too broad to post any code but if you want to know something specific I'd be happy to provide.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10354">tkefauver</a> — Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:08 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
