<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9383" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-03-17T14:09:57+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9383</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DannyChapman]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-03-17T14:09:57+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-03-17T14:09:57+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Physics/animation engineer position @ NaturalMotion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>I had applied for the given position in Jan on Natural motion web site, however there is no reply on that.</div></blockquote>PM sent...<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1517">DannyChapman</a> — Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:09 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[spidersharma]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-03-17T13:24:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-03-17T13:24:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33172#p33172</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33172#p33172"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Physics/animation engineer position @ NaturalMotion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33172#p33172"><![CDATA[
Hi Danny,<br>I had applied for the given position in Jan on Natural motion web site, however there is no reply on that.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8372">spidersharma</a> — Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:24 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DannyChapman]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-01-16T16:09:52+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-01-16T16:09:52+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32621#p32621</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32621#p32621"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Physics/animation engineer position @ NaturalMotion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32621#p32621"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>I would recommend using the links in the first post to contact them directly, I doubt they are monitoring this forum post.</div></blockquote>Actually I'm a regular here, but it's true you're best off contacting us through our website. For the right applicant we'd jump through whatever hoops are necessary/practical, I think.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1517">DannyChapman</a> — Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:09 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[bone]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-01-16T16:00:11+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-01-16T16:00:11+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32620#p32620</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32620#p32620"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Physics/animation engineer position @ NaturalMotion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32620#p32620"><![CDATA[
I would recommend using the links in the first post to contact them directly, I doubt they are monitoring this forum post.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1626">bone</a> — Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:00 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[spidersharma]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-01-15T16:37:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-01-15T16:37:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32606#p32606</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32606#p32606"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Physics/animation engineer position @ NaturalMotion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32606#p32606"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I have been following Natural motion closely for a few years, and am very much interseted in what you do. I am from india, and have a background in Physics.<br>I am interested in knowing if you welcome candidates from outside UK?<br>btw I work for a Gaming company, and in free time I am developing a 2d Physics Engine. here is the link::<br><a href="https://code.google.com/p/dirac2d/" class="postlink">https://code.google.com/p/dirac2d/</a><br><br>Thanks<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8372">spidersharma</a> — Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:37 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[BluePrintRandom]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-12-19T03:13:08+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-12-19T03:13:08+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32431#p32431</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32431#p32431"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Physics/animation engineer position @ NaturalMotion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32431#p32431"><![CDATA[
My next step is to use physics forces to attempt to match a IK target,<br><br>Then I want to integrate a featherstone solver,<br><br>I love your work btw.<br><br>My work is mit 3.0 cc<br><br>So.....<br><br>Just let me know if anything is useful,<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10520">BluePrintRandom</a> — Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:13 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DannyChapman]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-12-11T16:19:35+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-12-11T16:19:35+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32374#p32374</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32374#p32374"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Physics/animation engineer position @ NaturalMotion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32374#p32374"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Interesting, I have similar results, but not quite as refined, using logic bricks and the BGE.<br><br><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s57ipxhXBS4&amp;list=TL1FWDUqhxP1zQAlgq-e2NwtDNbPOLc-y4" class="postlink">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s57ipxhX ... DNbPOLc-y4</a></div></blockquote>Oh yes - I saw this a little while ago. Controlling characters like you've done is potentially useful, but actually quite different to what Euphoria does. It looks to me like you apply external torques to the character parts, which can (and does) generate behaviour that is totally impossible with internal joint torques - i.e. joint targets. With this one could balance a simple rod undergoing perturbations... useful, but not realistic! In other situations, though, it can provide a good way to control characters in situations where you want semi-physical behaviour.<br><br>Euphoria generates animation that is consistent with purely internally generated joint torques (representing muscles). Obviously there's scope to enhance the character's ability using external torques and forces too. <br><br>There are some interesting approaches to this. One that I really like, because it is fundamentally incredibly simple (in principle!) is this: <a href="http://homes.cs.washington.edu/~todorov/papers/TassaIROS12.pdf" class="postlink">http://homes.cs.washington.edu/~todorov ... IROS12.pdf</a> - and see the video here: <a href="http://youtu.be/2FJtJDYCQIE?t=1m57s" class="postlink">http://youtu.be/2FJtJDYCQIE?t=1m57s</a> All the behaviour emerges from minimising some very simple cost functions... though it's not fast enough to run in real time.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1517">DannyChapman</a> — Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:19 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[BluePrintRandom]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-12-11T15:20:17+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-12-11T15:20:17+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32369#p32369</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32369#p32369"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Physics/animation engineer position @ NaturalMotion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32369#p32369"><![CDATA[
Interesting, I have similar results, but not quite as refined, using logic bricks and the BGE.<br><br><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s57ipxhXBS4&amp;list=TL1FWDUqhxP1zQAlgq-e2NwtDNbPOLc-y4" class="postlink">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s57ipxhX ... DNbPOLc-y4</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10520">BluePrintRandom</a> — Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:20 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DannyChapman]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-08-30T15:39:56+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-08-30T15:39:56+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31648#p31648</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31648#p31648"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Physics/animation engineer position @ NaturalMotion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31648#p31648"><![CDATA[
We're looking for a Behaviour Engineer to join the technology team at NaturalMotion (Oxford, UK) - working on procedurally generating human/animal motion in real time using physics simulation and artificial intelligence.<br><br>There's more information about the technology and its uses in video games on our website <a href="http://www.naturalmotion.com/middleware/euphoria/" class="postlink">http://www.naturalmotion.com/middleware/euphoria/</a>, and here's a video (albeit a little old) showing it in action: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HauN98naZ9U" class="postlink">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HauN98naZ9U</a>.<br><br>The work brings together the areas of physics simulation, control systems, maths, software engineering, artificial intelligence and aesthetic judgement/understanding of animation quality.  <br><br>If you're interested and have experience in these areas, please contact NaturalMotion directly (see below), or feel free to send me a message if you have any questions or want a better idea about what we do.<br><br>- Danny<br><br>Here are the details from the advert on our website: <a href="http://www.naturalmotion.com/behaviour-engineer/3442/" class="postlink">http://www.naturalmotion.com/behaviour-engineer/3442/</a><br><br><strong class="text-strong">Responsibilities</strong><br> <br>The Behaviour/Technology team are responsible for the creation of cutting edge physics-based behaviours for interactive 3D character control. This role will suit individuals from an engineering or applied mathematical background with an interest and ability to find innovative solutions to the problem of synthesizing physical human animation. Utilising your strong technical capability, you will design and implement real time controllers for dynamically simulated characters.<br> <br><strong class="text-strong">Experience and Skills</strong><br> <br>• Background in advanced engineering, applied maths and/or physics<br>• Have a good eye for believable human motion<br>• Worked with articulated bodies and/or physical animation<br>• Experience with third party physics engines or in-house / proprietary physics engines<br>• 2+ years’ experience in C++ application development<br> <br><strong class="text-strong">Want to really stand out? Know about these!</strong><br> <br>• Proven experience in integrating third party or proprietary technology into games engines<br>• Ability to lead small development teams (up to 4 people) and manage customer relationships<br>• 2+ years games industry background<br>• Graduates also considered with relevant background and experience<br>• Familiarity with 3D animation tools (Maya, 3DSMax and / or XSI<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1517">DannyChapman</a> — Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:39 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
