<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9370" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-08-27T21:58:03+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9370</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Sequence]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-08-27T21:58:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-08-27T21:58:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31624#p31624</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31624#p31624"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[PHY_ScalarType performance with btBvhTriangleMeshShapes]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31624#p31624"><![CDATA[
Hey guys!<br><br>I'm using Gameplay3D (an engine that uses bullet), and I'm interested in making a dynamic world. I plan to split up the world's  collision meshes into convenient "chunks" (so you only need to update the chunks instead of the entire world mesh). I happened to stumble upon this in the docs, however.<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>PHY_ScalarType enumerates possible scalar types.See the btStridingMeshInterface or btHeightfieldTerrainShape for its useEnumeratorPHY_FLOAT PHY_DOUBLE PHY_INTEGER PHY_SHORT PHY_FIXEDPOINT88 PHY_UCHAR Definition at line 25 of file btConcaveShape.h.</code></pre></div>I'm assuming these are the different formats I can use to supply vertex information to my btBvhTriangleMeshShapes. <span style="text-decoration:underline">Will using one of the smaller data type formats give better performance when updating the btBvhTriangleMeshShape data?</span> Aka, when I destroy a "block" in my world and I need to update the vertex info for the collider, will it run faster if I use PHY_UCHAR vs PHY_FLOAT?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10421">Sequence</a> — Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:58 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
