<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9326" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-08-06T23:45:25+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9326</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[rraallvv]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-08-06T23:45:25+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-08-06T23:45:25+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31505#p31505</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31505#p31505"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Collision filter groups/masks at the collision shape level]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31505#p31505"><![CDATA[
<strong class="text-strong">Collision filter groups and masks at the collision shape level<br></strong><br>I was trying to filter collisions by shapes instead of by object, using collision groups and masks.<br><br>It was not so dificult to find a place to check whether a collision shape needed to be processed in the source code, I also added that feature to the ray cast test code.<br><br>The result is that I now create a compound shape by specifying the group and mask for each child shape, then create the rigid body specifying its group and mask by a bitwise or operation of all the children shapes<br><br>So, my question is if something like this could be added to bullet physcis by default.<br><br>I'm looking for ways to optimeze the library for movile devices, and this feature save the need to work with constraints when there is a need to filter collisions in different parts of the same body, it would avoid to test most child chapes too in a ray test, asking what shapes need to be tested first, by their collision shape flags.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9097">rraallvv</a> — Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:45 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
