<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9206" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-06-23T07:04:08+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9206</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[SinisterMephisto]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-06-23T07:04:08+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-06-23T07:04:08+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31099#p31099</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31099#p31099"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Baltman Verlet question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31099#p31099"><![CDATA[
Hi guys I know every time Verlet pops up it gets shut down on this forum but please bear with me.<br><br>For reasons I don't want to explain i need to figure out what the author of this paper was thinking when he wrote the following equation 9.5 in this <a href="http://www.docstoc.com/docs/40467261/Verlet-Integration-and-Constraints-in-a-Six-Degree-of" class="postlink">Paper</a>.<br>I know he is trying to find the tangent at first but later on he seems to be adding scalars to get vectors as well as magically creating variables<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>Va_newParallel = -elast * Vector.Dot(VaRel, normal); //This supposedly returns a vectorva_newPerp = vFriction * vPerp; //i am guessing vFriction is the coefficient of frictionvaNew = Va_newParallel +va_newPerp ;</code></pre></div><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=5569">SinisterMephisto</a> — Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:04 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
