<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9123" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-05-23T12:15:45+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9123</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[SinisterMephisto]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-05-23T12:02:01+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-05-23T12:02:01+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30831#p30831</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30831#p30831"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Interracting with 2 physics engines in the same Applicat]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30831#p30831"><![CDATA[
I probably should further explain the constraints.<br><br>Unity3D has no collision callbacks<br>Unity3D's collision even for no rigidbodies wont return contact points. <br>I do not want to call a shape-cast/ray-cast every frame a collision is triggered to generate contact points because I feel this might not be a good way to spend CPU (But it is my last resort). Also the engine is already doing this regardless so i might as well use its existing results.<br><br>Unity3D's  contact,trigger and collision Events are also slightly late and severe penetrations occur if you choose to wait for it. You can compensate for this by having bigger colliers to trigger the casting. Which means more casting.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=5569">SinisterMephisto</a> — Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[SinisterMephisto]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-05-23T12:15:45+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-05-23T08:56:10+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30828#p30828</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30828#p30828"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Interracting with 2 physics engines in the same Application]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30828#p30828"><![CDATA[
I have the misfortune of trying this in Unity3d<br><br>At the moment I have 0 access to the PhysX innards, only my objects are available to me.<br>The only interactions they make are collisions only.<br><br>When i set my body as a "pseudo kinematic" (Frozen position and rotations) and move it about each frame (set position)<br><br>I get stable "inaccurate" collision response (from the other object) with no velocity taken into account a la collision with static object (ground).<br><br>When i set velocities for my object after moving them (The velocities have no effect. They are meant to inform other PhysX objects during collision) the collision response (Handled by physX &amp; unity3d) of  the physX objects are quiet explosive.<br><br>Basically I am wondering if there is a "Cheap" way to trick PhysX maybe have some corrective impulse at reduced framerate.<br>Everything but the relative velocity would be wrong.<br><br>Just asking before I try it.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=5569">SinisterMephisto</a> — Thu May 23, 2013 8:56 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
