<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9071" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-05-07T04:13:49+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9071</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sphet]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-05-07T04:13:49+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-05-07T04:13:49+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30639#p30639</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30639#p30639"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Is btDbvt based on a paper or article?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30639#p30639"><![CDATA[
Hmm - interesting. I'll take a look again at the Box2D case. I'm working in a pretty slow and particular hardware environment so testing out both implementations may be the best bet. Thanks for the article on AVL rotations; I don't think I've seen that one.<br><br>S<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10211">sphet</a> — Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Dirk Gregorius]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-05-07T02:49:05+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-05-07T02:49:05+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30638#p30638</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30638#p30638"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Is btDbvt based on a paper or article?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30638#p30638"><![CDATA[
I <strong class="text-strong">think </strong>(!) that in theory the btDbvt can degenerate into a linked-list, but I don't remember the details and it might be fixed. Personally I ported the Box2D version to 3D. It works awesome and I never needed to think about it again. Anyway, both version seem to work great in practice. I found the Box2D version easier to read and more comprehensible.<br><br>There is a paper that describes the AVL tree rotations in the Box2D version if you want to look into it: <a href="http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.125.7818" class="postlink">http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/su ... 1.125.7818</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14">Dirk Gregorius</a> — Tue May 07, 2013 2:49 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sphet]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-05-06T23:02:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-05-06T23:02:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30634#p30634</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30634#p30634"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Is btDbvt based on a paper or article?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30634#p30634"><![CDATA[
Dirk,<br><br>Thanks for post - I'll have another look at the Ericsons chapter. For some reason it slipped my mind.<br><br>I'll take another look at Box2D; any thoughts on how SAH and rotations perform in contrast to bullet's implementation?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10211">sphet</a> — Mon May 06, 2013 11:02 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Dirk Gregorius]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-05-07T02:50:18+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-05-06T21:10:19+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30633#p30633</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30633#p30633"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Is btDbvt based on a paper or article?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30633#p30633"><![CDATA[
There is a good chapter on BVH in C. Ericsons book "Real-time Collision Detection". Chapter 6.2.3 talks about incremental construction specifically.<br>I also suggest looking at the Box2D dynamic tree. It is essentially the same concept, but uses SAH and AVL tree rotations to balance the tree. I would study both implementations.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14">Dirk Gregorius</a> — Mon May 06, 2013 9:10 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sphet]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-05-06T18:40:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-05-06T18:40:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30632#p30632</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30632#p30632"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Is btDbvt based on a paper or article?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=30632#p30632"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br><br>I need to implement a data structure similar to btDbvt, and wonder if it is based on any particular article or paper? I would use bullet in situ but our company/publisher requires all source code to be first party.<br><br>Specifically I am interested in the incremental optimization and optimization-path strategy used, and whether it converges on an ideal tree over time, assuming all entities are only performing periodic movement. We are hoping to use a BVT to accelerate the broadphase and frustum culling so rapid insert/removal is key over perfect balance.<br><br>Thanks for any details.<br><br>S<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10211">sphet</a> — Mon May 06, 2013 6:40 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
