<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8830" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-02-08T02:54:50+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8830</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[c0der]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-02-08T02:54:50+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-02-08T02:54:50+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29934#p29934</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29934#p29934"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Quaternion angle constraint]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29934#p29934"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I am representing the orientation of a rigid body as a quaternion and the angular velocity as a vector. I am attempting to implement an angle constraint directly from the quaternion without having to store a vector alongside the quaternion in the rigid body class to represent the orientation.<br><br>C = Qa - Qb - Qi where Qi is the initial difference in orientation between the bodies<br>dC/dt = wa - wb which are the angular velocities of the bodies already known<br><br>So the Jacobian is [ 0 1 0 -1]<br><br>When I get to the bias calculation of bias = beta/dt * C, this will return a quaternion<br><br>So -Jv = wb - wa - bias will yield and incompatible equation as we are subtracting a quaternion from a vector. What is the preferred method without having to convert C to a vector at each frame?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9431">c0der</a> — Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:54 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
