<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8824" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-02-06T23:12:57+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8824</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[c0der]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-02-06T23:12:57+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-02-06T23:12:57+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29917#p29917</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29917#p29917"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Revolute joint between two particles]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29917#p29917"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I am having trouble with implementing a revolute joint between two particles. I am representing the particle as having a position, velocity and acceleration and no angular dynamic components.<br><br>So the constraint derivation is as follows:<br><br>C = xa + ra - xb - rb<br>CDot = va - vb<br><br>CDot = [ 1 -1] [va vb]T<br><br>So the Jacobian is [1 -1]<br><br>I initially store the anchor in local coords of each particle<br><br>localA = worldAnchor - particleA.position<br>localB = worldAnchor - particleB.position<br><br>Since the particles do not rotate, they have an identity matrix at all times with translation components on their last row<br><br>[ 1  0  0  0 ]<br>[ 0  1  0  0 ]<br>[ 0  0  1  0 ]<br>[ tx ty tz 1 ]<br><br>So transferring the anchor points to world coords, I do the following:<br><br>worldAnchor1 = localA + m_pParticleA-&gt;position<br>worldAnchor2 = localB + m_pParticleB-&gt;position<br><br>Then the radii between the anchors and the bodies becomes:<br><br>ra = worldAnchor1 - m_pParticleA-&gt;position<br>rb = worldAnchor2 - m_pParticleB-&gt;position<br><br>This undoes the previous addition and returns world anchors to local anchors. How do I go about doing this properly?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9431">c0der</a> — Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
