<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8691" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2012-12-22T15:21:06+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8691</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Mortal2God]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-12-22T15:21:06+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-12-22T15:21:06+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29538#p29538</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29538#p29538"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Maya Custom Rigid Body Node]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29538#p29538"><![CDATA[
Hi everyone,<br><br>I have recently joined the forums and I am thoroughly enjoying the discussions, really useful and informative indeed for people new to physics simulation like myself.<br><br>I would like to apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this question. The question is mainly for people with Maya (or similar packages) API experience.  <br><br>My question is related to the process of creating a custom rigid body node to work within Maya. I want to practice and develop my physics programming skills so I decided to take on this task. I have experience with the C++ API but not so much with the Python one other than internal UI things, therefore I decided to use Python to tackle this task as I believe it will be faster to create some sort of a prototype.<br><br>Would anyone with any insight in this area be able to give me a breakdown of how to approach this task?<br><br>More specifically:<br><br>1. What kind of node would a rigid body need to be? I am aware that you can have a deformer node for example, will a rigid body be based on that on something else?<br><br>2. I noticed that Maya uses the concept of fields for adding physics such as gravity etc, do I need to develop a custom field somehow to work along the rigid body node?<br><br>3. Any examples out there that I can have a look and gain some more knowledge from?<br><br>4. How do I go about testing physics code within Maya?<br><br>For example my primary goal would be to have a sphere, or a mesh be affected by gravity then add collision and more attributes like friction, velocity etc.<br><br>Just to clarify, I am mostly after on how to tackle this in terms of Maya and not the actual physics code.<br><br>Thanks for all your help and time in advance and I wish you all Happy Christmas!<br><br>Mortal2God<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9755">Mortal2God</a> — Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:21 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
