<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8523" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-06-24T01:45:21+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8523</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[damanb]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-06-24T01:45:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-06-24T01:45:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31104#p31104</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31104#p31104"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Best way to check if a point is inside a convex hull sha]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31104#p31104"><![CDATA[
I was hoping that the isInside had been updated on the more recent versions but it doesn't seem to be. Did you end up getting your project working with checking if a point is inside the convex hull? <br><br>I am also in need of this for my research application. I am very new to bullet and don't quite see how to use the btGjkPairdetector. Do I only need to set a radius of the btSphereShape or can I also set a point for the center to be at?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10305">damanb</a> — Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:45 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cgripeos]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-10-24T22:21:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-10-24T22:21:24+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29064#p29064</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29064#p29064"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Best way to check if a point is inside a convex hull sha]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29064#p29064"><![CDATA[
Ah! thank you, sir!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2003">cgripeos</a> — Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-10-24T21:59:04+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-10-24T21:59:04+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29063#p29063</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29063#p29063"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Best way to check if a point is inside a convex hull sha]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29063#p29063"><![CDATA[
You can use the btCollisionWorld::contactPairTest.<br><br>Object 1 = convex hull <br>Object 2 = btSphereShape with zero radius<br><br>Alternatively, you can go low level (digg into the source code) and use btGjkPairDetector directly. See Demos\ConvexHullDistance\ConvexHullDistanceDemo.cpp.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cgripeos]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-10-24T17:33:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-10-24T17:33:24+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29059#p29059</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29059#p29059"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Best way to check if a point is inside a convex hull shape?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29059#p29059"><![CDATA[
The reason I ask is because raycasts don't work if the begin and end point of the ray is inside a convex hull shape, so for convex shapes I tried to use the isInside() method and found out that it's not implemented for btConvexHullShape nor btConvexPointCloudShape. <br><br>Thanks in advance for any help.<br>cg<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2003">cgripeos</a> — Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:33 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
