<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8214" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2012-06-22T15:25:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8214</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cherrywbtc]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-06-22T15:25:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-06-22T15:25:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28153#p28153</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28153#p28153"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bender's error correction]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28153#p28153"><![CDATA[
This paper explained a lot! Danke schoen!<br><br>Cherry<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9391">cherrywbtc</a> — Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:25 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Jan Bender]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-06-21T07:55:33+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-06-21T07:55:33+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28149#p28149</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28149#p28149"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bender's error correction]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28149#p28149"><![CDATA[
Hi, <br><br>I don't know what you mean with "the position correction considering the stability". Maybe the following paper can help you:<br><br><a href="http://i31www.ira.uka.de/~jbender/Papers/STAR.pdf" class="postlink">http://i31www.ira.uka.de/~jbender/Papers/STAR.pdf</a><br><br>For computing the impulses p you must solve the following linear system:<br><br>J M^-1 J^T p = dv<br><br>where J is the Jacobian of the constraints and M is the mass matrix. For the Lagrange multiplier method you have exactly the same matrix. In contrast to other methods you obtain the right hand side of the system dv by making a preview of the joint state. This solves the drifting problem. <br><br>Jan<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=818">Jan Bender</a> — Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:55 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cherrywbtc]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-06-19T15:32:54+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-06-19T15:32:54+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28136#p28136</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28136#p28136"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bender's error correction]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28136#p28136"><![CDATA[
Hi, Jan:<br>I saw you mentioned the paper: "Fast Dynamic Simulation of Multi-Body Systems Using Impulses" in an earlier discussion:<br>viewtopic.php?f=4&amp;t=878<br><br>Is this the right paper I should follow? Or your earlier paper: "An impulse-based dynamic simulation system for VR applications"? I am now doing a very simple bilateral constraint problem: a pendulum. I already know how to simulate the motion of the pendulum stick in an impulse-based method with constraints. But I still don't know how to do the position correction considering the stability. <br><br>Thanks<br>Cherry<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9391">cherrywbtc</a> — Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:32 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Jan Bender]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-06-19T08:30:32+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-06-19T08:30:32+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28132#p28132</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28132#p28132"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bender's error correction]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28132#p28132"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Hi, I am new here. I am trying to understand the bender's error correction in a bilateral constraints problem. Can anybody give me any help on that? Thanks!</div></blockquote>Can you specify your problem with the method?<br><br>Jan<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=818">Jan Bender</a> — Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:30 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cherrywbtc]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-06-18T20:06:29+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-06-18T20:06:29+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28131#p28131</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28131#p28131"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Bender's error correction]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28131#p28131"><![CDATA[
Hi, I am new here. I am trying to understand the bender's error correction in a bilateral constraints problem. Can anybody give me any help on that? Thanks!<br><br><br>Cherry<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9391">cherrywbtc</a> — Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:06 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
