<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/814" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2007-02-18T22:38:43+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/814</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[samy]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-18T22:38:43+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-18T22:38:43+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3517#p3517</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3517#p3517"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3517#p3517"><![CDATA[
Center of Masses distance should be less than or equal to some specified distance.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1322">samy</a> — Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:38 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[TomaszZ]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-18T12:07:15+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-18T12:07:15+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3516#p3516</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3516#p3516"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3516#p3516"><![CDATA[
Which problem it is:<br>1) Two fixed points distance is (==A, &lt;=A, &gt;=A ); <br>2) Center of masses distance is (==A, &lt;=A, &gt;=A ) - special case of 1<br>3) "dynamic" situation - each frame find clesest points and make their distance (==A, &lt;=A, &gt;=A )<br>?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1546">TomaszZ</a> — Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:07 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[samy]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-18T05:27:57+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-18T05:27:57+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3515#p3515</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3515#p3515"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3515#p3515"><![CDATA[
Thanks for the reply.  I have another question.  I want to implement a simple distance constraint in the same style as the Box2D code.  This constraint should prevent the distance between 2 rigid bodies from exceeding some chosen value.  I don't want the constraint to effect the angular velocity of the bodies.  Could someone give me a quick description of how to implement this using impulses?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1322">samy</a> — Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:27 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erin Catto]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-18T17:15:14+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-12-15T06:46:07+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2868#p2868</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2868#p2868"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2868#p2868"><![CDATA[
Usually game characters have zero friction. If you would like to slow down your character, use some damping:<br><br>v *= damping_factor<br><br>where damping_factor is in [0,1].<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12">Erin Catto</a> — Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:46 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[samy]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-12-14T23:46:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-12-14T23:46:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2864#p2864</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2864#p2864"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2864#p2864"><![CDATA[
I've been playing around with Erin Catto's Box2D code to see if I can adapt it for use in a platform beat-em-up I'm working on.  I added support for circles and ellipses and everything is going very smoothly so far.  However, I've run into problems with friction.<br>Imagine a long flat box representing the ground and a sphere representing the player.  If the player runs along the ground and jumps, when he lands (the sphere collides with the box) he gets stuck for a second because of friction.  I believe this is happening because of the accumulated normal impulse.<br>Any tips on what I could alter to prevent this from happening?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1322">samy</a> — Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:46 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
