<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8030" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2012-08-24T21:05:10+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/8030</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cyrfer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-08-24T21:04:39+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-08-24T21:04:39+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28629#p28629</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28629#p28629"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: serialization differences depending on Blender build]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28629#p28629"><![CDATA[
I am told the changes to Bullet in r2542 have helped our issues when reading .bullet files. Thanks again!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8756">cyrfer</a> — Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:04 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cyrfer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-08-01T18:55:29+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-08-01T18:55:29+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28429#p28429</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28429#p28429"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: serialization differences depending on Blender build]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28429#p28429"><![CDATA[
Actually, if I now understand the diff from the patch, the fixes were only in READING the .bullet file. Hopefully, I can test this fix in my code without a new Blender build. Will get back to you on this...<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8756">cyrfer</a> — Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:55 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cyrfer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-08-01T20:57:59+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-07-31T23:55:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28421#p28421</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28421#p28421"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: serialization differences depending on Blender build]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=28421#p28421"><![CDATA[
Thank you for the fix! The diff looks like a great improvement. I hope to test it soon with Sergej's help.<br><a href="http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/detail?id=618#c15" class="postlink">http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/ ... id=618#c15</a><br><br>Here is the bug report for Blender.<br><a href="http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&amp;atid=306&amp;aid=32233&amp;group_id=9" class="postlink">http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?fu ... group_id=9</a><br><br>One thing that may hold back Blender from using this fix is that Bullet does not have a new release. Will there be a new release soon? I know they are trying to release around SIGGRAPH time, but that may be sliding...<br><br>PS. Will you be attending? I'll be there!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8756">cyrfer</a> — Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:55 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cyrfer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-04-05T17:30:04+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-04-05T17:30:04+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27594#p27594</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27594#p27594"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: serialization differences depending on Blender build]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27594#p27594"><![CDATA[
Thanks for looking into this issue, reported as Issue 618.<br>John<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8756">cyrfer</a> — Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:30 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-04-05T15:41:43+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-04-05T15:41:43+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27592#p27592</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27592#p27592"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: serialization differences depending on Blender build]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27592#p27592"><![CDATA[
This should not happen, Bullet serialization was designed to solve 32bit/64bit, endianness and versioning issues.<br><br>Can you file an issue in the Bullet tracker (<a href="http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/list" class="postlink">http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/list</a>) with <br>1) Blender full version info<br>2) attach the .blend file <br>3) attach the .bullet file that causes problems?<br>Thanks a lot,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:41 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cyrfer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-08-24T21:05:10+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-04-04T18:47:29+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27587#p27587</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27587#p27587"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[[resolved] serialization differences depending on Blender]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27587#p27587"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br>I'm using the technique to export a Bullet file (the scene has static objects, dynamic rigid body objects, and ragdolls) from within the Blender Game Engine via a keyboard controller hooked up to my export script. This process seems to work pretty well, with one issue.<br><br>I am seeing slightly different results when using Blender-64 or Blender-32. I suspect the issue is in the Bullet serialization. When my 32 bit application loads the Bullet file exported from Blender 32 bit <span style="text-decoration:underline">on a 32 bit PC</span>, I see no problems. If I use the same Bullet file (still from 32 bit Blender) <span style="text-decoration:underline">on a 64 bit PC</span> with my 32 bit application, I see bad floating point values (e.g. -1.#IND) for at least one of the ragdoll objects (btCollisionObject has a bad m_basis in its m_worldTransform).<br><br>All these tests are in Windows.<br><br><em class="text-italics">I am in the process of testing an export with 64 bit Blender for my 64 bit PC (with 32 bit application). I will post back with these results later today.<br>Where might this difference be coming from? Is it Bullet serialization or deserialization or both? Has anyone else experienced this?</em><br><br><strong class="text-strong">I found that I need to use a 32-bit build of Blender to export a file. I performed this on my 64-bit PC, but I'm not sure if the platform is important.</strong><br><br>Thanks for any tips!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8756">cyrfer</a> — Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:47 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
