<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/799" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2009-11-12T22:39:28+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/799</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[PaulMartz]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-11-12T22:39:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-11-12T22:39:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16021#p16021</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16021#p16021"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Open Scenegraph and Bullet?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16021#p16021"><![CDATA[
Anyone interested in using OSG and Bullet should see the topic "Announcing osgBullet" in this forum:<br><a href="http://www.bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&amp;t=4308" class="postlink">http://www.bulletphysics.org/Bullet/php ... =17&amp;t=4308</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2485">PaulMartz</a> — Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:39 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[janoc]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-05-20T17:54:37+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-05-20T17:54:37+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=8514#p8514</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=8514#p8514"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Open Scenegraph and Bullet?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=8514#p8514"><![CDATA[
Hello, <br><br>I have posted an example of OSG 2.4 with Bullet 2.68 on the OSG wiki:<br><a href="http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/Tutorials" class="postlink">http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/ ... /Tutorials</a><br><br>You need to make a makefile or project, it is using an Eclipse CDT project at the moment.<br><br>The example runs the update of the physics in the main rendering loop,<br>however that is trivial to move either into a callback of a special node<br>or a thread or whatever you need.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2455">janoc</a> — Tue May 20, 2008 5:54 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-12-16T21:33:06+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-12-16T21:33:06+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2896#p2896</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2896#p2896"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: I made a video]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2896#p2896"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>I guess I can work around the thickness problem by changing the world dimension unit.<br><br>My application is for visualizing hurricane damage process. <br>I made a video showing shingles fell to the ground under gravity force. but I donot know how to paste here. It's about 4 megabytes.<br>And I am still working on that.</div></blockquote>Perhaps you can upload it to YouTube?<br><br>It's best to use meters for units: 1 meter = 1 unit. Then gravity around 10.<br>And keep object sizes 'reasonable' above 20 centimeter (in any direction) and at most 10 meters. <br>Also, never make the margin totally zero or too small (setCollisionMargin/setMargin), that's destined to fail. Best to use at least 0.02 - 0.05 units. Other improvements include making the internal timesteps smaller.<br>The internal timestep is normally 60 hertz, and you can change this by changing the 3rd parameter of 'stepSimulation'. The second should be large enough too:<br>This would use an internal timestep of 240 hertz:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>dynamicsWorld-&gt;stepSimulation(timeStep, 1000, 1.0 / 240.0);</code></pre></div>It will allow at most 1000 times 240 hertz internal fixed steps to reach your 'timeStep'. Don't pass 0 as second argument.<br><br>Hope this helps,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:33 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[HeroIsNotBorn]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-12-16T21:20:20+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-12-16T21:20:20+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2895#p2895</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2895#p2895"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[I made a video]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2895#p2895"><![CDATA[
I guess I can work around the thickness problem by changing the world dimension unit.<br><br>My application is for visualizing hurricane damage process. <br>I made a video showing shingles fell to the ground under gravity force. but I donot know how to paste here. It's about 4 megabytes.<br>And I am still working on that.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1393">HeroIsNotBorn</a> — Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:20 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-12-16T00:26:41+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-12-16T00:26:41+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2879#p2879</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2879#p2879"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Open Scenegraph and Bullet?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2879#p2879"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>I created multiple thin boxes with size of (1.6, 0.1, 1.6) in my scene, some of them occasionally will penetrate into each other.<br><br> Like, with a scene including hundreds of thin boxes and one thin box to represent the ground, one box occasionally will penetrate the ground.</div></blockquote>It's easier to break a rigidbody dynamics engine then to make effective use of it. Some rules of thumb might help: sizes of less then 0.2 are not supported. Large mass ratios are not supported either (avoid 100kg on top of 1kg), don't use huge sizes for collision shapes (&lt;10 units). If you need a larger static environment, use either triangle meshes with reasonable sized triangles (&lt; 10 units), or a plane shape.<br><br>This and much more should go in the manual (Bullet_User_Manual.pdf)<br>Hope this helps,<br><br>Do you have some demo using OpenSceneGraph?<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:26 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[HeroIsNotBorn]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-12-15T22:46:13+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-12-15T22:46:13+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2878#p2878</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2878#p2878"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Thin Box Problem]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2878#p2878"><![CDATA[
I created multiple thin boxes with size of (1.6, 0.1, 1.6) in my scene, some of them occasionally will penetrate into each other.<br><br> Like, with a scene including hundreds of thin boxes and one thin box to represent the ground, one box occasionally will penetrate the ground.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1393">HeroIsNotBorn</a> — Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:46 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-12-12T14:17:09+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-12-12T14:17:09+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2801#p2801</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2801#p2801"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Is anyone working on openscenegraph + bullet?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2801#p2801"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Is anyone working on openscenegraph + bullet?</div></blockquote>Probably not yet. Are you interested in starting an integration?<br><br>If so, You can post your results here, and get some feedback/help on this forum.<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:17 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[HeroIsNotBorn]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-12-11T15:05:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-12-11T15:05:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2788#p2788</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2788#p2788"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Is anyone working on openscenegraph + bullet?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2788#p2788"><![CDATA[
Is anyone working on openscenegraph + bullet?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1393">HeroIsNotBorn</a> — Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:05 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
