<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/7866" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2012-02-13T18:04:54+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/7866</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DjSt3rios]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-13T18:04:54+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-13T18:04:54+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27043#p27043</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27043#p27043"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Question about vehicle physics...]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27043#p27043"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Well, one body would be visible, with some mass. The other would not be visible, with some mass.<br>The current problem is that the inertia is being calculated wrong as it assumes that the mass is evenly distributed, which it is not.<br>That's why you are currently doing a wheelie. <br>So, if you actually calculated the form of inertia that you want, then you could just use that instead of complicating the simulation.</div></blockquote>I don't really think that I can do that.. I am still new at this.. also about the inertia thing you said, I found a function SetMassProps which you can set the mass and the inertia, but I am not sure what I can do with it yet...<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9108">DjSt3rios</a> — Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:04 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kloplop321]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-13T17:15:01+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-13T17:15:01+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27041#p27041</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27041#p27041"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Question about vehicle physics...]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27041#p27041"><![CDATA[
Well, one body would be visible, with some mass. The other would not be visible, with some mass.<br>The current problem is that the inertia is being calculated wrong as it assumes that the mass is evenly distributed, which it is not.<br>That's why you are currently doing a wheelie. <br>So, if you actually calculated the form of inertia that you want, then you could just use that instead of complicating the simulation.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8992">kloplop321</a> — Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:15 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DjSt3rios]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-13T16:01:17+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-13T16:01:17+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27040#p27040</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27040#p27040"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Question about vehicle physics...]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27040#p27040"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>You could have a base frame which the wheels are attached to and then have another (non-rendered) body which is attached to it using several nonflexible constraints that has a lot of mass, so you're simulating how it would work with an engine inside.</div></blockquote>so I could sort of, create an invisible chassis, with like 1500 mass, and attach the wheels to it, and put another chassis which would be visible, with like 1000 mass?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9108">DjSt3rios</a> — Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:01 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kloplop321]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-13T15:39:15+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-13T15:39:15+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27038#p27038</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27038#p27038"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Question about vehicle physics...]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27038#p27038"><![CDATA[
You could have a base frame which the wheels are attached to and then have another (non-rendered) body which is attached to it using several nonflexible constraints that has a lot of mass, so you're simulating how it would work with an engine inside.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8992">kloplop321</a> — Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:39 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DjSt3rios]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-13T14:48:34+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-13T14:48:34+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27036#p27036</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27036#p27036"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Question about vehicle physics...]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27036#p27036"><![CDATA[
Hello, I am a new programmer, and recently I started a project. I am using C4 engine, and I have Bullet physics engine integrated in C4. So I was making an accelerating system, but the problem is when my vehicle reaches like 90 KM/h, it start doing a wheelie(I mean the front wheels do not touch the ground). I tried to set the mass of the chassis to 1500, or more, but still the car starts acting weird if I put a lot of mass, so It doesn't really work as I want it to work... could someone help me with this issue? how I could make it more stable?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9108">DjSt3rios</a> — Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:48 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
