<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/7864" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2012-02-15T04:49:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/7864</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kloplop321]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-15T04:49:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-15T04:49:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27071#p27071</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27071#p27071"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: btBvhTriangleMeshShape jittering]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27071#p27071"><![CDATA[
Its unfortunate that it seems unresolved in that thread.<br>Though Issue 27, which Erwin started and marked as fixed might have a small patch.<br><a href="http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/detail?id=27" class="postlink">http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/detail?id=27</a><br><br>I think it would be best if you recreated your scene using a bullet demo template so that those working on the core could have a precise reference to what is going on.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8992">kloplop321</a> — Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:49 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[digi12345]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-15T02:15:11+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-15T02:15:11+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27070#p27070</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27070#p27070"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: btBvhTriangleMeshShape jittering]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27070#p27070"><![CDATA[
I tried double precision ( rebuilding the libs ) but I still get the jittering.<br>Any immediate thoughts what could be wrong? The behavior is very similar to the issue discussed in (viewtopic.php?f=9&amp;t=1814), but no final solution was presented in that thread.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8642">digi12345</a> — Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kloplop321]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-14T18:22:30+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-14T18:22:30+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27067#p27067</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27067#p27067"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: btBvhTriangleMeshShape jittering]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27067#p27067"><![CDATA[
Well that's obnoxious. <br><br>Can you implement and use a bullet debug drawer in wireframe? <br>It might be a precision error(which may be solved by changing bullet to double precision).<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8992">kloplop321</a> — Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:22 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[digi12345]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-14T17:56:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-14T17:56:24+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27066#p27066</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27066#p27066"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: btBvhTriangleMeshShape jittering]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27066#p27066"><![CDATA[
Here is a video capture: <a href="http://youtu.be/DbjSuR85g68" class="postlink">http://youtu.be/DbjSuR85g68</a><br><br>As you can see, it's a flat plane and I'm pushing this cube across, but it jitters and gets stuck along the plane.  This won't happen if I make the collision shape a box, only if it is a mesh.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8642">digi12345</a> — Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:56 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kloplop321]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-13T18:53:44+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-13T18:53:44+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27044#p27044</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27044#p27044"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: btBvhTriangleMeshShape jittering]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27044#p27044"><![CDATA[
Do you think you could do a recording to show it?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8992">kloplop321</a> — Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:53 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[digi12345]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-13T17:35:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-13T17:35:24+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27042#p27042</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27042#p27042"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: btBvhTriangleMeshShape jittering]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27042#p27042"><![CDATA[
I tried both.  It jitters across large triangles, and across edges on a high tessellated mesh. Sometimes as it moves across the plane it would look like it gets jammed into the plane then pop back out.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8642">digi12345</a> — Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:35 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kloplop321]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-13T15:44:12+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-13T15:44:12+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27039#p27039</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27039#p27039"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: btBvhTriangleMeshShape jittering]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27039#p27039"><![CDATA[
Does it jitter across triangles that are sufficiently large, or between triangles?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8992">kloplop321</a> — Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:44 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[digi12345]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-13T09:33:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-13T09:33:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27033#p27033</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27033#p27033"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[btBvhTriangleMeshShape jittering]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27033#p27033"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I have a simple flat long box mesh that has many triangles.  As an experiment, I am building the static body collision shape as a btBvhTriangleMeshShape.  When I try to move a cube along this flat box, the box would jitter across.  If I use a regular box collision shape, it would box very smoothly.  <br><br>Since I want to use btBvhTriangleMeshShape, as I want to use more complicated static meshes, is there a way to fix this jittering for btBvhTriangleMeshShape collision shapes?<br><br>I've searched through the forums, and it seems like it could be some error with the collision normals between objects for btBvhTriangleMeshShape shapes, but there were no resolution to that thread. (<a href="http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&amp;t=1814" class="postlink">http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ ... f=9&amp;t=1814</a>)<br><br>Any help is much appreciated.<br><br>Thanks.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8642">digi12345</a> — Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
