<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/7758" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2012-01-11T04:13:00+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/7758</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[ynie]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-01-11T04:13:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-01-11T04:13:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26688#p26688</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26688#p26688"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Beginner Bullet Question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26688#p26688"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>1) By definition, gravity is an acceleration, not a velocity. So if you want something to fall at a constant speed you can't use gravity.<br><br>2) It's been a while since I've programmed Bullet but I believe there's a setPosition method for rigid bodies. I'm sure it exists, not sure of the exact function name or usage. If you want to move a plane, don't use a static plane, use the surface of a very large box.</div></blockquote><br>Hey Kukanani,<br><br>Thanks for the reply. <br><br>1) If there's no gravity, then the object will not fall down right? <br>2) I'm using btConvexHullShape for the platform, and the mass is 0. The following code will not change the position of the rigidbody.<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>// code for creating rigidbody.Isgl3dMotionState * motionState = new Isgl3dMotionState(node);// Create a rigid bodybtVector3 localInertia(0, 0, 0);shape-&gt;calculateLocalInertia(mass, localInertia);btRigidBody * rigidBody = new btRigidBody(mass, motionState, shape, localInertia);rigidBody-&gt;setRestitution(restitution);rigidBody-&gt;setActivationState(DISABLE_DEACTIVATION);// code for moving object.btTransform tr;rigidBody-&gt;getMotionState()-&gt;getWorldTransform(tr);tr.setOrigin(btVector3(btScalar(object.node.x), btScalar(object.node.y), btScalar(object.node.z)));rigidBody-&gt;getMotionState()-&gt;setWorldTransform(tr); </code></pre></div>I've also set <br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>  physicsPlatform.rigidBody-&gt;setActivationState(DISABLE_DEACTIVATION);</code></pre></div>when I created the rigidbody. Thanks!<br><br>Steven<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9008">ynie</a> — Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:13 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Kukanani]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-01-11T04:03:52+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-01-11T04:03:52+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26685#p26685</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26685#p26685"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Beginner Bullet Question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26685#p26685"><![CDATA[
1) By definition, gravity is an acceleration, not a velocity. So if you want something to fall at a constant speed you can't use gravity.<br><br>2) It's been a while since I've programmed Bullet but I believe there's a setPosition method for rigid bodies. I'm sure it exists, not sure of the exact function name or usage. If you want to move a plane, don't use a static plane, use the surface of a very large box.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=3447">Kukanani</a> — Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:03 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[ynie]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-01-09T01:48:08+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-01-09T01:48:08+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26665#p26665</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26665#p26665"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Beginner Bullet Question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26665#p26665"><![CDATA[
Hey everyone, I started to use bullet not long ago, and I have some questions for bullet.<br><br>1) Is it possible to to set the gravity so that the speed of falling object is constant?<br>2) I'm not sure what's the best way to implement moving a object manually. In other words, Say there's a cube falling down, and there's a static platform at the bottom. I want to be able to rotate and move the platform but also keep the physics collision.  I don't think applyImpulse is a good idea because i want to set the final destination of the rigid body. Thanks!<br><br>Steven<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9008">ynie</a> — Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:48 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
