<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/73" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2005-12-10T02:54:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/73</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[BioSlayer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2005-12-10T02:54:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2005-12-10T02:54:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=513#p513</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=513#p513"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[2d physics engines]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=513#p513"><![CDATA[
I have been writing a 2D physics engine. You can get the source at:<br><a href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/physics2d" class="postlink">http://sourceforge.net/projects/physics2d</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=368">BioSlayer</a> — Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:54 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Anonymous]]></name></author>
		<updated>2005-08-05T08:01:44+00:00</updated>

		<published>2005-08-05T08:01:44+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=191#p191</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=191#p191"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[2d physics engines]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=191#p191"><![CDATA[
Most physics concepts are similar for 2 or 3 dimensions, although most of the 2d cases can be more optimized.<br><br>You can have a look at this "2D box contact calculations" demo and source:<br><br><a href="http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/olivierrenault/" class="postlink">http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/olivierrenault/</a><p>Statistics: Posted by Guest — Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:01 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[fork]]></name></author>
		<updated>2005-08-03T16:06:42+00:00</updated>

		<published>2005-08-03T16:06:42+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=189#p189</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=189#p189"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[2d physics engines]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=189#p189"><![CDATA[
I'm new to game physics. Now it seems pretty obvious that there isn't<br>a best overall approach for making a 3d physics engine. But I don't<br>care about 3d, I just want a 2d physics engine. I am hoping that since<br>the computations are greatly reduced in 2d compared to 3d, speed is<br>not an issue and so there is a golden way of making a 2d physics<br>engine. I would like such an engine to handle things such as<br>simultaneous collisions/multiple contact points, resting contact,<br>friction, and joints.<br><br>To that end I was thinking of implementing Baraff's "Fast Contact ..."<br>paper. But I don't know how to detect collisions. Specifically, given<br>two polygonal rigid bodies with constant velocity and constant angular<br>velocity how do I detect if they will collide. If so, I need the time<br>of collision and moreover I need to compute the set of contact<br>points. And then of course LCP is used to resolve it.<br><br>Any comments/advice about pure 2d physics in general is<br>appreciated. The key is 2d so I don't need sophisticated stuff to make<br>things fast. I'm more concerned about correctness.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=191">fork</a> — Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:06 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
