<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/711" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-11-20T14:33:38+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/711</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cippyboy]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-11-20T14:33:38+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-11-20T14:33:38+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2527#p2527</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2527#p2527"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[bug setting a new position to a dynamic object]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2527#p2527"><![CDATA[
Cool, I was avoiding that, thanks.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=757">cippyboy</a> — Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:33 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-11-20T04:05:51+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-11-20T04:05:51+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2521#p2521</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2521#p2521"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: bug setting a new position to a dynamic object]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2521#p2521"><![CDATA[
Please upgrade to Bullet 2.33 and read its Bullet User Manual and all should be fixed:<br>- All Bullet classes start with bt, so its btVector3 now. <br>- to set the position/transform of a dynamic body, just call rigidbody-&gt;setCenterOfMassTransform(newtrans).<br><br>Cheers,<br>Erwin<br><br><br><blockquote class="uncited"><div>*Still using Bullet 1.9*<br><br>The thing is like this : I have a ball that I control, initially I put a position in the MotionState and create the object and then (I saw that modifing the motionsate afterwards doesn't do anything, it's just used to copy data from somewhere else) I used the ccdPhysicsController-&gt;setPosition which works but... I have my ball on the surface and I save it's position and next time I wanna load the position, the thing is that if I do this without exiting the program and going back in, it all works fine but when I go back in, my object is pushed away really-really far, and now I gotta add 0.5 to Y to fix that, is that a bug or I was missing something or... I must upgrade ?<br><br>BTW: Bullet has these Vector2/Vector3 Classes, which I got as well,so if I wanna upgrade I gotta rename them as I did before, and it's a pain, a namespace of something could sort it out or something like BulletVector3 or btVector3 ? If this is different on recent release then let me know.</div></blockquote><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:05 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cippyboy]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-11-20T00:22:29+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-11-20T00:22:29+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2520#p2520</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2520#p2520"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[bug setting a new position to a dynamic object]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2520#p2520"><![CDATA[
*Still using Bullet 1.9*<br><br>The thing is like this : I have a ball that I control, initially I put a position in the MotionState and create the object and then (I saw that modifing the motionsate afterwards doesn't do anything, it's just used to copy data from somewhere else) I used the ccdPhysicsController-&gt;setPosition which works but... I have my ball on the surface and I save it's position and next time I wanna load the position, the thing is that if I do this without exiting the program and going back in, it all works fine but when I go back in, my object is pushed away really-really far, and now I gotta add 0.5 to Y to fix that, is that a bug or I was missing something or... I must upgrade ?<br><br>BTW: Bullet has these Vector2/Vector3 Classes, which I got as well,so if I wanna upgrade I gotta rename them as I did before, and it's a pain, a namespace of something could sort it out or something like BulletVector3 or btVector3 ? If this is different on recent release then let me know.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=757">cippyboy</a> — Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:22 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
