<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/6935" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2011-07-11T11:30:24+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/6935</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[pwagner]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-07-11T11:30:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-07-11T11:30:24+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24160#p24160</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24160#p24160"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: 6DOF constraint parameters are ignored?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24160#p24160"><![CDATA[
Yes you are right. A simple two mass oscillator would be no problem. But I want to simulate bigger systems for my master thesis and springs are just one single component I will need.<br>Within another thread I allready asked for help with a spring/suspension but no one answered.<br><br>Thanks anyway for your answer.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=7981">pwagner</a> — Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[diamond.geezer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-07-11T11:05:07+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-07-11T11:05:07+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24159#p24159</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24159#p24159"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: 6DOF constraint parameters are ignored?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24159#p24159"><![CDATA[
If you want 2 point masses and an idealized spring, then you don't really need Bullet do you?<br>Just write the equations of motions of the masses under extension/compression force from the spring.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6246">diamond.geezer</a> — Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:05 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[pwagner]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-07-11T08:06:45+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-07-11T08:06:45+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24157#p24157</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24157#p24157"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: 6DOF constraint parameters are ignored?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24157#p24157"><![CDATA[
Hello.<br><br>I'm sorry that I can't help but I have some questions by myself. I'm also looking for some similar problems: I want to simulate a simple two mass oscillator. Therefore I need a spring which I tried to simulate via a 6DOF spring constraint. I also tried to change the ERP and CFM but never got a working link between the two objects.<br>So have you managed to tune your constraint to get the desired behavior? If you did I would appreciate it if you could share your knowledge with me.<br><br>Best regards.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=7981">pwagner</a> — Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[diamond.geezer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-06-16T14:51:57+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-06-16T14:51:57+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23875#p23875</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23875#p23875"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[6DOF constraint parameters are ignored?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23875#p23875"><![CDATA[
I am using Bullet 2.78. <br>I have a model of a robot skeleton where the spine vertebrae are joined by 6DOF constraints.<br>The upper part of the model (ribcage, head, arms etc) adds up to a considerable weight and when I run the model it fall right over forwards and the rotational and translational limits I have set on the vertebrae constraints are effectively totally ignored. <br><br>One solution is to run at an extremely low timestep, but this is prohibitively slow.<br><br>Another solution is to reduce the upper weight significantly but this is a model of a real robot so it needs to use the real values.<br><br>I have therefore been attempting to tune the parameters of the constraints so that they are able to resist breaking like this.<br>Changing the error margin BT_CONSTRAINT_STOP_ERP and the "Constraint force mixing factor when joint is at limit" (whatever that means) BT_CONSTRAINT_STOP_CFM does help somewhat and can stop it crashing to the floor but the actual limits that I set are still mostly ignored.<br><br>However, there are a number of other constraint parameters offered in the Bullet code that act on the btRotationalLimitMotor that look like they could help.<br>These are parameters like  m_damping, m_limitSoftness, m_maxLimitForce etc<br><br>In the code they are clearly heavily used in the btRotationalLimitMotor::solveAngularLimits() and btTranslationalLimitMotor::solveLinearAxis() methods.<br><br>However, although I can certainly set these parameters, they do not affect the behaviour in any way, even when set to crazy values.<br><br>Looking further, as far as I can see these methods are never actually called by any other code. This explains the lack of response to their tweaking.<br><br>So, my questions are:-<br><br>* am I correct to assume that these parameters/methods are actually defunct?<br>* if so, should they not therefore be removed to prevent confusion to other poor schmucks like me?<br>* Are there any other parameters or tweaks apart from just the 3 setParam(BT_CONSTRAINT_..) variations that I can use to help get the constraint limits to do what I set them to do? What happened to the bias setting that used to be available?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6246">diamond.geezer</a> — Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:51 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
