<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/6932" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2011-06-17T22:39:03+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/6932</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[serengeor]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-06-17T22:39:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-06-17T22:39:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23889#p23889</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23889#p23889"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Generic6DoFContstraintVehicle]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23889#p23889"><![CDATA[
This is not the right forum to ask questions.<blockquote class="uncited"><div><strong class="text-strong">Games, Demos or Movies using Bullet</strong><br><span style="text-decoration:underline">Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application</span></div></blockquote><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=7550">serengeor</a> — Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[senoradam]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-06-16T06:01:08+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-06-16T06:01:08+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23867#p23867</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23867#p23867"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Generic6DoFContstraintVehicle]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23867#p23867"><![CDATA[
Hi!<br><br>I'm building a robot simulation using Bullet Physics, and I need to use rigid bodies for the wheels to get enough physical realism (raycast can't deal with slipping and variable terrain realistically). I've attached 4 rigidbody wheels to my suspension base via 6DoF joints with only the wheel rotation axis free (all others locked). The suspension base is then attached to a chassis rigidbody via 4 6DoF joints with only vertical translation limited (all others locked) to simulate suspension springs. This all works fine, except when I drive my vehicle (by applying torque to the wheels) every so often one or other of the wheels appears to lock inexplicably leading to very bad driving behaviour. I tried lowering and raising the wheel/chassis mass ratio, and varying the wheel friction; I've searched my model for the source of this error and cannot find a reason, can anyone suggest anything?<br><br>Thanks very much!<br><br>Adam<br><br><br><br>edit: I saw a post which said that the only axis along which there can be free rotation (as in the case of the axle joints in my vehicle) is the *X-axis*, mine are rotating around the Z-axis. I will try switching, does that sound like it could be the root of the problem?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8288">senoradam</a> — Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:01 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
