<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/66" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2005-07-29T15:07:30+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/66</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Dirk Gregorius]]></name></author>
		<updated>2005-07-29T15:07:30+00:00</updated>

		<published>2005-07-29T15:07:30+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=168#p168</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=168#p168"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Contact dispatching]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=168#p168"><![CDATA[
I am aware of three methods to handle contacts in an interactive environment.<br><br>1) The LCP formulation <br>2) The Impuls Based Method like described by Mirtich<br>3) And the Propagation method (penalty forces/impulses) like implemented in Bullet by Erwin and described in D. Baraffs paper.<br><br>My first question is how do method 2) and 3) work with articulated structures where I describe the joints like in classcial constrained dynamics (J*v = 0).<br>My second question is what your experiences are. When does the LCP works well and when the impulse based - maybe somebody likes to share his experience. In our current game we have contact / joint ratios of about 5000 / 20. So I wonder if one of these methods should be prefered in the presence of a great number of contacts?<br><br>Regards,<br><br>-Dirk<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14">Dirk Gregorius</a> — Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:07 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
