<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/633" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-10-27T14:33:31+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/633</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-10-27T14:33:31+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-10-27T14:33:31+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2230#p2230</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2230#p2230"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Building Demos and Glut / Problems with Jam?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2230#p2230"><![CDATA[
If you really want to use jam, please run configure, and then manually edit Jamfile in the Bullet root folder.<br>You might be lucky if you can edit the Jamfile after running configure, gan you find GLUT.AVAILABLE, GLUT.CFLAGS, GLUT.LFLAGS in Jamfile?<br>I don't have a system to reproduce this yet, and someone else did the jam integration.<br><br>That's why it is better to use cmake instead, then I can try to support you.<br><br>Download cmake from cmake.org, and run "cmake ." (without the quotes)<br>Good luck,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:33 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kama]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-10-27T08:16:04+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-10-27T08:16:04+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2225#p2225</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2225#p2225"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Building Demos and Glut / Problems with Jam?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2225#p2225"><![CDATA[
My Platform ist Linux, Debian Dist. I think.<br><br>I installed Glut previously, but the confige script doesnt seem to find it.<br>Where is the standart search path, or how can I tell where to search?<br><br>(I dont have write permission in any folders but my home folder, so I have to install everything locally)<br><br>G<br>Michael<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1098">kama</a> — Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:16 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-10-26T21:27:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-10-26T21:27:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2222#p2222</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2222#p2222"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Building Demos and Glut / Problems with Jam?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2222#p2222"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Hi!<br><br>I am going to give Bullet a try after working with ODE for some time now.<br><br>I do like the install file says, ./configure an jam.<br>Then jam builds the libraries, but it doesnt build executeables for the<br>Demos. I am using Jam for the first time. Is there some switch, which tells it to build the executables?<br>The configure doesnt find GLUT, but it comes with the bullet package. Because of this, Jam chooses the wrong branch in the Jamfile in the Demos directory. So the rule 'BulletDemo' is empty and the rule 'ExtraBulletDemo' doesnt exist, which Jam tells me for every Demo which uses this one...<br><br>Thank you<br>G<br>Michael</div></blockquote>Which platform are you using?  On windows, you better use MSVC.<br><br>The samples need GLUT right now. Did you install glut?<br><br>Instead of jam, you can also try CMake (see cmake.org). It can autogenerate makefiles/kdevelop/xcode etc.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:27 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kama]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-10-26T16:38:39+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-10-26T16:38:39+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2221#p2221</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2221#p2221"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Building Demos and Glut / Problems with Jam?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2221#p2221"><![CDATA[
Hi!<br><br>I am going to give Bullet a try after working with ODE for some time now.<br><br>I do like the install file says, ./configure an jam.<br>Then jam builds the libraries, but it doesnt build executeables for the<br>Demos. I am using Jam for the first time. Is there some switch, which tells it to build the executables?<br>The configure doesnt find GLUT, but it comes with the bullet package. Because of this, Jam chooses the wrong branch in the Jamfile in the Demos directory. So the rule 'BulletDemo' is empty and the rule 'ExtraBulletDemo' doesnt exist, which Jam tells me for every Demo which uses this one...<br><br>Thank you<br>G<br>Michael<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1098">kama</a> — Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:38 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
