<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/629" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-11-06T23:19:13+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/629</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kirado2]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-11-06T23:19:13+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-11-06T23:19:13+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2350#p2350</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2350#p2350"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[how do I stop a dynamic rigid body from moving??]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2350#p2350"><![CDATA[
Hi Erwin thanks for the reply.. keep up the good work.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=645">kirado2</a> — Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:19 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-11-03T17:52:02+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-11-03T17:52:02+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2328#p2328</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2328#p2328"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: how do I stop a dynamic rigid body from moving??]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2328#p2328"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>I have a cube that hits the ground.. when it hits it gets moved via a script to an empty.. I want the cube to stop moving.. but when it gets moved it carries on simluating the rigid body physics.. i.e. it maintains it mommentum and anlgular velocities etc.. well I want it to stop and hang there for a while then drop down to the ground and start moving again like a rigid body..<br><br>the problem I have is that the gamelogic object only has a getvelocity method but no setVelocity method.. there is no way for me to set the velocity of the gameobject without resorting to using a motion actuator.. which only sets the forces (linv,force,Drot etc etc) being applied to the gameobject the actuator.. so effectively i can't set the velocity of the gameobject to be 0.. do you know of anyway of stopping and starting a dynamic rigid.. by removing it's velocity (i.e. not by suspending the dynamics)??<br><br>are you planning on having a setVelocity method for the gamelogic object?<br><br>thanks in advance for any input you would have on this.</div></blockquote><br>It might be not possible. I will add the setLinearVelocity/setAngularVelocity on the todo for next release.<br><br>Thanks for the feedback,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:52 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kirado2]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-10-24T19:46:23+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-10-24T19:46:23+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2207#p2207</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2207#p2207"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[how do I stop a dynamic rigid body from moving??]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2207#p2207"><![CDATA[
I have a cube that hits the ground.. when it hits it gets moved via a script to an empty.. I want the cube to stop moving.. but when it gets moved it carries on simluating the rigid body physics.. i.e. it maintains it mommentum and anlgular velocities etc.. well I want it to stop and hang there for a while then drop down to the ground and start moving again like a rigid body..<br><br>the problem I have is that the gamelogic object only has a getvelocity method but no setVelocity method.. there is no way for me to set the velocity of the gameobject without resorting to using a motion actuator.. which only sets the forces (linv,force,Drot etc etc) being applied to the gameobject the actuator.. so effectively i can't set the velocity of the gameobject to be 0.. do you know of anyway of stopping and starting a dynamic rigid.. by removing it's velocity (i.e. not by suspending the dynamics)??<br><br>are you planning on having a setVelocity method for the gamelogic object?<br><br>thanks in advance for any input you would have on this.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=645">kirado2</a> — Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:46 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
