<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/628" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-10-24T16:48:32+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/628</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-10-24T16:48:32+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-10-24T16:48:32+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2206#p2206</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2206#p2206"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: CCD or not?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2206#p2206"><![CDATA[
Hi Pierre,<br><br>Recently Bullet got some huge refactoring, where a lot of abstractions got removed. This included the CCD stepping. The CCD time-of-impact calculation query is still available, but there is only a btDiscreteDynamicsWorld which doesn't use it (it is just penetration recovery based). I plan on adding the btContinuousDynamicsWorld this week, which uses both time of impact and penetration recovery (hybrid).<br><br>It will be both for dynamics versus dynamics, and dynamic versus static. I want to implement 2 different solutions, one based on timewarp (Brian Mirtich) which subdivides the timestep. But first I want to add a solution that adds additional contact points, based on the time of impact, and these 'temporal contact points' will be fed into the penetration depth.<br><br>Probably a picture/draft paper would explain this idea better.<br>Thanks,<br>Erwin<br><br><blockquote class="uncited"><div>Hi,<br><br>I downloaded the Bullet-2.1-demo-win32 zip file and ran the demo. If I set the shooting speed to 600, enable CCD, and shoot a box... well, it goes directly through the brick wall as if CCD wasn't enabled.<br><br>Is that normal? (I just started actually playing with Bullet so maybe I'm missing something)<br><br>Or is the CCD only used for dynamic-vs-static, maybe?<br><br>Thanks,<br>- Pierre</div></blockquote><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:48 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Pierre]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-10-24T11:47:19+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-10-24T11:47:19+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2204#p2204</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2204#p2204"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[CCD or not?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2204#p2204"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I downloaded the Bullet-2.1-demo-win32 zip file and ran the demo. If I set the shooting speed to 600, enable CCD, and shoot a box... well, it goes directly through the brick wall as if CCD wasn't enabled.<br><br>Is that normal? (I just started actually playing with Bullet so maybe I'm missing something)<br><br>Or is the CCD only used for dynamic-vs-static, maybe?<br><br>Thanks,<br>- Pierre<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=76">Pierre</a> — Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:47 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
