<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/6263" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2012-01-24T08:07:19+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/6263</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[deltaone]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-01-24T08:07:19+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-01-24T08:07:19+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26802#p26802</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26802#p26802"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Solve equation: Bullet + x = Game]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=26802#p26802"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br>I have been lurking around with the same idea of creating a game. I also have nice coding experience in C++(Somewhat in java and python too).<br>So if you wish we can collaborate to learn and develop some nice game.<br>Well I have dome some reading and here is a few things that I found out.<br>For Graphics:<br>Game engine: <br><strong class="text-strong">1. Blender</strong> (<a href="http://www.blender.org/" class="postlink">http://www.blender.org/</a>)<ul><li>Best opensource modeller/animator (One of the best softwares).<br>In-built game engine.<br>Bullet physics integration.<br>Complete game engine.<br>Python Scripting<br>A lot of exporters available.<br>Has a lot of books.<br>Open Source<br>Opengl based</li></ul><strong class="text-strong">2. Panda3D</strong><a href="http://www.panda3d.org/" class="postlink">http://www.panda3d.org/</a><ul><li>Disney uses it for their games.<br>Complete game engine.<br>C++/Python scriptable<br>Networking support.<br>Physics integration in process.<br>Nice graphics.<br>Has a book (<a href="https://www.packtpub.com/panda3d-17-game-developers-cookbook/book" class="postlink">https://www.packtpub.com/panda3d-17-gam ... kbook/book</a>)<br>Open Source<br>Direct3D<br>Scene Graph Based engine</li></ul>I personally would like to build some game around <strong class="text-strong">OGRE3d</strong> (<a href="http://www.ogre3d.org/" class="postlink">http://www.ogre3d.org/</a>).<ul><li>This is a very nice 3D engine (Only 3D engine nothing more.).<br>Has a physics bullet plugin (<a href="http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/OgreBullet" class="postlink">http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/OgreBullet</a>)<br>It has a lot of importer plug ins, including from Blender.<br>Supports Opengl and Direct3d.<br>Scene Graph based.<br>A lot of tools.<br>Open Source.<br>Has a book (<a href="http://www.ogre3d.org/2011/01/10/ogre-3d-1-7-beginners-guide-book" class="postlink">http://www.ogre3d.org/2011/01/10/ogre-3 ... guide-book</a>)<br>Has many games built around it. Has a incomplete game engine too.<br><a href="http://www.yake.org/" class="postlink">http://www.yake.org/</a> and <a href="http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43194" class="postlink">http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43194</a></li></ul>Tools I would like to use for a game:<br>C++ as programming language<br>Boost (<a href="Boost.org" class="postlink">Boost.org</a>) as utility library.<br>Ogre3D for Graphics<br>Blender3d for content creation<br>Bullet for physics (even this can be used I think <a href="http://www.adrianboeing.com/pal/index.html" class="postlink">http://www.adrianboeing.com/pal/index.html</a>)<br>Other libraries.<br>I am fairly experienced with C++ but new to game and graphics programming (Though I have worked in OCR and image processing.).<br>I work on Linux/Unix (In work place) and Windows(At home). So mostly I will work on Windows for open-source.<br><br><br>As far as I know learning curve will be there for all engines. So I don't know if I am correct or not but I would like to go for a open-source game first. This will help build the game engine and pipe line and other can help too from open-source community. Once this is done a game can be made.<br>Please let me know your views.<br>Let me know if we can help each other in game designing and programing.<br>~Thanks<br>DeltaOne<a href="http://www.codeproject.com/Members/Shakti-Prasad-Misra" class="postlink">http://www.codeproject.com/Members/Shakti-Prasad-Misra</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9046">deltaone</a> — Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:07 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[gamemaker]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-01-23T10:42:49+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-01-23T10:42:49+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=21856#p21856</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=21856#p21856"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Solve equation: Bullet + x = Game]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=21856#p21856"><![CDATA[
Hi. :-)<br><br>I have years of programming experience, but I've only made some tiny toy-games so far. Now I'm about to make a real game.<br><br>Physics is going to play a large part in my game, so I started with selecting the physics engine. I've chosen Bullet and I am really lost with the amount of game/graphics engines listed on the net. It's not tens, but hundreds.<br><br>Would somebody with experience suggest some good combination that merges well with Bullet? I couldn't find any recommendations on Bullet's website.<br><br>I'm looking for a good combination of Bullet with some libraries/engines (graphics/audio/input/algorithms, etc.), so that the whole well-working game can be developed easily.<br><br>I don't know what I need (libraries/engine, etc). This is left for your kind recommendation.<br><br>Some of the requirements I think are important for the whole setup:<br><br>1. Platform/compilation:<br>- Must work in GNU/Linux 64 and 32 bit, Mac and Windows. I work in GNU/Linux, but if I want to sell the game, I guess it better work in Mac/Windows. Working on some game consoles would be an advantage, but is not required.<br>- Must allow the game to be compiled into single binary file without dependencies. I don't want the user to install anything except for the game itself.<br>- I was thinking about C++, but if some other language fulfills my requirements (can be compiled to native code), that's OK.<br><br>2. License issues:<br>- Must be very cheap. I don't have money for buying expensive licenses, so I would love if it could be free of charge or very cheap. Of course if there is e.g. some paid engine that will save me a year of work compared to best free alternative, please say so.<br>- Must allow to license my game so that it can be sold as binary without problems.<br>- A big plus would be if I could release the game as open-source, say after selling it for a year, so open-source libraries are much preferred.<br><br>3. Features:<br>- Must be easy to learn with good documentation and tutorials.<br>- Must integrate well the physics with graphics, so that I can easily create some bodies with textures that will work well. In other words I don't want to move/rotate textures/sprites by hand in response to physical movements. I don't want to have two separate worlds (physical and graphical) that I would have to keep synchronized by hand.<br>- Must provide high-quality results, so that e.g. graphics is drawn well with antialiasing and hardware acceleration.<br>- Must minimize the amount of coding. I don't want to code things that are common for games. E.g. let's say I want to add some terrain, then it should ideally be as easy as: scene.addTerrain(someTerrainCharacteristics);<br>- Must be as feature-reach and customizable as possible, so after a year of coding I don't decide that I have to switch to another solution.<br>- It would be nice if it included many common game algorithms/effects, e.g. short path finding, flames, explosions, etc.<br>- Must be relatively mature, actively developed, with good support (e.g. community/forums).<br><br>It looks like I require a lot. :-) But as an example, Bullet fulfills all of my requirements, so I am just looking for other pieces of puzzle that also do.<br><br>I guess many people who want to use Bullet for making a game (or some other software) have the same problem as I do. I hope some experienced users can suggest some good additions to Bullet so that a good game can be made quite easily.<br><br>Thanks in advance.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=7689">gamemaker</a> — Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:42 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
