<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/6099" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2010-12-09T00:11:47+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/6099</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[gennoevus]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-12-09T00:11:47+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-12-09T00:11:47+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=21285#p21285</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=21285#p21285"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Bullet + Blender + COLLADA + compound objects = bug?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=21285#p21285"><![CDATA[
Hello!<br><br>I'm not sure if I'm making some mistake or if I've found a bug. I really hope it's the former!<br><br>Let's say I'm exporting a 2x2 rigid body cube and a 0.8x0.8 rigid body cube from blender 2.49b using the COLLADA 1.4 exporter plugin (0.3.162)<br><br>When I export, and I look inside the *.dae, I find this:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>&lt;shape&gt;    &lt;box&gt;        &lt;half_extents&gt;1.00000 1.00000 1.00000&lt;/half_extents&gt;    &lt;/box&gt;&lt;/shape&gt;...&lt;shape&gt;    &lt;box&gt;        &lt;half_extents&gt;0.40000 0.40000 0.40000&lt;/half_extents&gt;    &lt;/box&gt;&lt;/shape&gt;</code></pre></div>... which is correct as far as I can see. But! If I make a compound object of these two shapes, they: <br>a) both get the same 'half_extent' dimentions (i.e. they both say &lt;half_extents&gt;0.40000 0.40000 0.40000&lt;/half_extents&gt; when the size of the boxes hasn't changed)<br>b) there doesn't seem to be anything in the XML that describes the parent/child relationship between the 2 boxes.<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>&lt;library_physics_models&gt;        &lt;physics_model id="Scene-PhysicsModel" name="Scene-PhysicsModel"&gt;            &lt;rigid_body name="Plane-RigidBody" sid="Plane-RigidBody"&gt;                &lt;technique_common&gt;                    &lt;dynamic&gt;false&lt;/dynamic&gt;                    &lt;mass&gt;0&lt;/mass&gt;                    &lt;instance_physics_material url="#Plane-PhysicsMaterial"/&gt;                    &lt;shape&gt;                        &lt;instance_geometry url="#Plane_001"/&gt;                    &lt;/shape&gt;                &lt;/technique_common&gt;            &lt;/rigid_body&gt;            &lt;rigid_body name="Cube_001-RigidBody" sid="Cube_001-RigidBody"&gt;                &lt;technique_common&gt;                    &lt;dynamic&gt;true&lt;/dynamic&gt;                    &lt;mass&gt;1.0&lt;/mass&gt;                    &lt;instance_physics_material url="#Cube_001-PhysicsMaterial"/&gt;                    &lt;shape&gt;                        &lt;box&gt;                            &lt;half_extents&gt;0.40000 0.40000 0.40000&lt;/half_extents&gt;                        &lt;/box&gt;                    &lt;/shape&gt;                &lt;/technique_common&gt;            &lt;/rigid_body&gt;            &lt;rigid_body name="Cube-RigidBody" sid="Cube-RigidBody"&gt;                &lt;technique_common&gt;                    &lt;dynamic&gt;true&lt;/dynamic&gt;                    &lt;mass&gt;1.0&lt;/mass&gt;                    &lt;instance_physics_material url="#Cube-PhysicsMaterial"/&gt;                    &lt;shape&gt;                        &lt;box&gt;                            &lt;half_extents&gt;0.40000 0.40000 0.40000&lt;/half_extents&gt;                        &lt;/box&gt;                    &lt;/shape&gt;                &lt;/technique_common&gt;            &lt;/rigid_body&gt;        &lt;/physics_model&gt;    &lt;/library_physics_models&gt;    &lt;library_physics_scenes&gt;        &lt;physics_scene id="Scene-Physics" name="Scene-Physics"&gt;            &lt;instance_physics_model url="#Scene-PhysicsModel"&gt;                &lt;instance_rigid_body body="Plane-RigidBody" target="#Plane"/&gt;                &lt;instance_rigid_body body="Cube_001-RigidBody" target="#Cube_001"/&gt;                &lt;instance_rigid_body body="Cube-RigidBody" target="#Cube"/&gt;            &lt;/instance_physics_model&gt;        &lt;/physics_scene&gt;    &lt;/library_physics_scenes&gt;</code></pre></div>The settings should be right because it behaves correctly when using the blender game engine.<br><br>Any ideas?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=7178">gennoevus</a> — Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:11 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
