<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/5932" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2010-12-10T10:04:30+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/5932</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Johan Gidlund]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-12-10T10:04:30+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-12-10T10:04:30+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=21340#p21340</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=21340#p21340"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Is there anyway around quaternions for setting orientati]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=21340#p21340"><![CDATA[
If you use matrices for storing transformation you will need to continiously renormalize them to prevent drift.<br>Read section 4 of this paper for more information.<br><br><a href="http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~baraff/pbm/rigid1.pdf" class="postlink">http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~baraff/pbm/rigid1.pdf</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=5220">Johan Gidlund</a> — Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:04 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[paul.dubois]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-11-12T19:43:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-11-12T19:43:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=20956#p20956</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=20956#p20956"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Is there anyway around quaternions for setting orientati]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=20956#p20956"><![CDATA[
First ask yourself why you are inventing your own orientation representation (Directional vector + Up vector) rather than using an existing representation. There are many to choose from.<br><br>If you don't feel like learning quaternions, consider using a 3x3 matrix. Your representation is very much like a 3x3 matrix with an implicit 3rd basis vector, so the change should not be difficult. bullet will easily convert these to and from quaternions if necessary.<br><br>Also consider using quaternions. They are popular for many reasons.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6691">paul.dubois</a> — Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[MiNiZeRo]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-11-08T02:00:49+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-11-08T02:00:49+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=20880#p20880</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=20880#p20880"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Is there anyway around quaternions for setting orientation?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=20880#p20880"><![CDATA[
Hi there,<br><br>I've just started to use bullet as my iPhone game's physics engine.. and its great!<br>While I was integrating between the game's engine and bullet, I've noticed that the object's orientation is done with quaternions.<br><br>My character's orientation is presented in two ways:<br>- Directional vector +  Up vector.<br>- 4x4 Transformation matrix(just before passing it to OpenGL's pipeline).<br><br>I've seen a couple of ways transforming 4x4matrices to quats or up+forward+right vectors to quats.. <br>The question is: do I really have to go through all those conversions?, or maybe that I've missed something in the way?<br><br>thanks,<br>Amir<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=7330">MiNiZeRo</a> — Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:00 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
