<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/5164" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2010-06-26T22:07:16+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/5164</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[youen]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-06-26T22:07:16+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-06-26T22:07:16+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=19164#p19164</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=19164#p19164"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Problem with units and Dynamica plugin (Maya 2010)]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=19164#p19164"><![CDATA[
I know nothing about the bullet exporter, but I know Maya internaly stores all values in centimeters. When you set the unit to meters, it only changes the way numbers are displayed, the actual values do not change. I guess the exporter does not handle this correctly, or misses a setting to specify a scale factor.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6821">youen</a> — Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:07 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Travis]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-05-27T03:35:33+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-05-27T03:35:33+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18715#p18715</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18715#p18715"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Problem with units and Dynamica plugin (Maya 2010)]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18715#p18715"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I think there is something strange going on with the units in Maya.<br><br><br>I set the units to meters in Maya.<br>Then I have a rigid-body-sphere placed at 1.588, 2.672, -0.726.<br><br>I export the physics data to <strong class="text-strong">.Bullet</strong> format.<br>Then I used the "Bullet Physics Editor" for Windows (OpenGLEditorWindows.exe) to open this file.<br><br>In that file, when I select this object, the world transform is showing as: 158.8, 267.2, -72.6<br><br>What is happening here?<br>It looks like the units are getting converted from meters to centimeters.<br><br><br>If I set the units to centimeters in Maya, then the exported data is right.<br><br><br>Thanks<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6719">Travis</a> — Thu May 27, 2010 3:35 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
