<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/505" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-09-06T17:40:24+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/505</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[SteveBaker]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-09-06T16:59:01+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-09-06T16:59:01+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1670#p1670</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1670#p1670"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Crash in ~CcdPhysicsController on empty controller]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1670#p1670"><![CDATA[
Yeah - I agree.  If the package allows you to create something - then it has to give you a way to destroy it again.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=726">SteveBaker</a> — Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:59 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Dragonlord]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-09-06T17:40:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-09-06T11:43:53+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1669#p1669</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1669#p1669"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Crash in ~CcdPhysicsController on empty controller]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1669#p1669"><![CDATA[
Wow... off-topic.<br><br>Anyways. Is an assertion the right thing to do? Just asking as not attaching a controller to the environment doesn't sound to me like a logical error. I did simply add a check to call the remove only if the pointer is non-NULL as the rest of the destructor works fine.<br><br>- Pl?ss Roland<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=798">Dragonlord</a> — Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:43 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-09-05T22:48:34+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-09-05T22:48:34+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1663#p1663</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1663#p1663"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Crash in ~CcdPhysicsController on empty controller]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1663#p1663"><![CDATA[
Thanks for the report. It was indeed assumed the pointer is filled in.<br>An assert/check will be added.<br><br><a href="http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/detail?id=8&amp;can=2&amp;q=" class="postlink">http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/ ... 8&amp;can=2&amp;q=</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:48 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Dragonlord]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-09-05T18:40:29+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-09-05T18:40:29+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1661#p1661</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1661#p1661"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Crash in ~CcdPhysicsController on empty controller]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1661#p1661"><![CDATA[
For testing purpose I create a CcdPhysicsController without attaching it to a physics environment yet. Upon cleaning up ( "delete" ) I got a segmentation fault:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>(gdb) bt#0  0xb6ed3023 in __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator&lt;TypedConstraint**, std::vector&lt;TypedConstraint*, std::allocator&lt;TypedConstraint*&gt; &gt; &gt;::__normal_iterator ()#1  0xb6ed23d9 in std::vector&lt;TypedConstraint*, std::allocator&lt;TypedConstraint*&gt; &gt;::begin ()#2  0xb6ece7ef in CcdPhysicsEnvironment::removeCcdPhysicsController ()#3  0xb6ecb9d4 in CcdPhysicsController::~CcdPhysicsController ()</code></pre></div>Looking at the source code I noticed that there is no NULL-Check on line CcdPhysicsController:107<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>m_cci.m_physicsEnv-&gt;removeCcdPhysicsController(this);</code></pre></div>Using the latest stable version from the homepage.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=798">Dragonlord</a> — Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:40 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
