<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/490" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-08-29T05:16:57+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/490</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erin Catto]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-29T05:16:57+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-29T05:16:57+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1606#p1606</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1606#p1606"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[simple collision detection in 2d]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1606#p1606"><![CDATA[
If you use Baumgarte stabilization, it is quite easy to allow for overlap in an LCP formulation. I do not know of a successful physics engine that has completely eliminated overlap.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12">Erin Catto</a> — Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:16 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[fork]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-28T21:56:15+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-28T21:56:15+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1604#p1604</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1604#p1604"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[simple collision detection in 2d]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1604#p1604"><![CDATA[
the nonoverlapping condition is necessary to use LCP.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=191">fork</a> — Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:56 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erin Catto]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-28T16:38:11+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-28T16:38:11+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1602#p1602</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1602#p1602"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[simple collision detection in 2d]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1602#p1602"><![CDATA[
If you intend to allow overlap (which I recommend), then the separating axis test can work well. This might help you:<br><a href="http://www.gphysics.com/files/GDC2006_ErinCatto.zip" class="postlink">http://www.gphysics.com/files/GDC2006_ErinCatto.zip</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12">Erin Catto</a> — Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:38 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[fork]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-28T05:49:49+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-28T05:49:49+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1599#p1599</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1599#p1599"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[simple collision detection in 2d]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1599#p1599"><![CDATA[
What advice can you people give me for simple collision detection in 2d? For example, say I use bisection to find a time that was very close to the collision. So now I have two polygons that are almost touching. How can I generate the contact set from this? I am looking for the simplest thing possible. Speed is not an issue.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=191">fork</a> — Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:49 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
