<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/489" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-08-28T01:12:45+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/489</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[SteveBaker]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-28T01:12:45+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-28T01:12:45+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1598#p1598</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1598#p1598"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Body-&gt;applyImpulse question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1598#p1598"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>I may lack in physics lessons but I can't seem to understand what the "rel_pos" parameter of this function does ? A point inside the body where the impulse is applyed ?</div></blockquote>Yes - exactly.  Take a cube - sliding on a plane for example.  If you hit it with an impulse squarely in the center of a face, the cube will slide along in a straight line and slowly come to a halt under friction.  If you hit it closer to one corner (with the same impulse) then it will spin around instead.  The behavior is just exactly as if you put a brick on the floor and hit it with a hammer in different places.<br><br>The parameter is called 'rel_pos' because it's the POSition RELative to the axes of the object - not the absolute position within the world coordinate system.   So if you have a 1x1x1 cube with it's local origin at the center of the cube then repeatedly hitting it with an impulse at 0,-0.5,0 will make it slide in a straight line - no matter which way it's facing or where it is placed within the virtual world.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=726">SteveBaker</a> — Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:12 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cippyboy]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-28T00:26:16+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-28T00:26:16+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1597#p1597</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1597#p1597"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Body-&gt;applyImpulse question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1597#p1597"><![CDATA[
I may lack in physics lessons but I can't seem to understand what the "rel_pos" parameter of this function does ? A point inside the body where the impulse is applyed ?<br><br>And is there any other way of moving objects around ? I see that "applyForce" has the same "rel_pos" parameter that confuses me.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=757">cippyboy</a> — Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:26 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
