<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/4838" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2012-02-18T21:11:59+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/4838</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[meeotch]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-18T21:11:59+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-18T21:11:59+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27124#p27124</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27124#p27124"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: bullet/dynamica and deterministic results]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27124#p27124"><![CDATA[
Thanks for the update!  Very cool.  I look forward to trying it out next time I've got a gig requiring Bullet.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6428">meeotch</a> — Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:11 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2012-02-18T08:53:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2012-02-18T08:53:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27111#p27111</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27111#p27111"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: bullet/dynamica and deterministic results]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=27111#p27111"><![CDATA[
It took some years before I sat down to fix the code, but Dynamica is now deterministic across different runs (just make sure to reset to the first frame every time before simulating)<br><br>It should be fixed from revision 139 onwards, <a href="http://code.google.com/p/dynamica/source/detail?r=139" class="postlink">http://code.google.com/p/dynamica/source/detail?r=139</a><br><br>Note that under Linux you can use the Extras/MayaBullet/Makefile, and for Windows you can use cmake<br>Thanks,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:53 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[meeotch]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-03-29T15:54:59+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-03-29T15:54:59+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18057#p18057</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18057#p18057"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: bullet/dynamica and deterministic results]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18057#p18057"><![CDATA[
Thanks!  <br><br>Obviously, this issue is a stumbling block to using Maya Dynamica in production situations, where one needs to lock in animation for approval.  (You can still bake the animation, obviously - but you can't use the usual tweak-playblast-tweak cycle without also caching each iteration, then quitting &amp; restarting when you want to tweak again...  which is a bit unwieldy.)<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6428">meeotch</a> — Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:54 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-03-25T20:08:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-03-25T20:08:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18018#p18018</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18018#p18018"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: bullet/dynamica and deterministic results]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18018#p18018"><![CDATA[
Bullet is deterministic, as long as you reset all values properly when you restart.<br><br>We don't do this at the moment in Maya Dynamica, so the simulation is different each time. I filed an issue here <a href="http://code.google.com/p/dynamica/issues/detail?id=2" class="postlink">issue right here</a>, so you can keep track of the progress.<br>Thanks a lot,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:08 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[meeotch]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-03-12T22:16:16+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-03-12T22:16:16+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17855#p17855</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17855#p17855"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[bullet/dynamica and deterministic results]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17855#p17855"><![CDATA[
I've got a fairly simple file that shows a high degree of non-determinism when run.  (Maya 2009-x64 on CentOS 5.4, Bullet 2.76.)  It's a shattered object, with the individual pieces having initial pos/rot/vel/spin set, plus a ground plane.  I didn't see an option in the solver for randomization - perhaps it's not exposed?<br><br>Is there something I'm missing?  I was under the impression that Bullet was deterministic.  Is there something else I need to do to reset the solver between successive runs?  File is attached - run it multiple times, and watch where the pieces end up... not even remotely in the same position.<dl class="file"><dt><span class="imageset icon_topic_attach"></span> <a class="postlink" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=448">testBullet2.tgz</a></dt></dl><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6428">meeotch</a> — Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:16 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
