<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/4752" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2010-03-03T21:06:57+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/4752</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[rponomarev]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-03-03T21:06:57+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-03-03T21:06:57+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17746#p17746</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17746#p17746"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17746#p17746"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br><br>Unfortunately we cannot simply use existing transform for rigidBodyNode, because we should keep Maya shape node(and its transform) as well. <br>It may be needed, for example, for high-quality rendering. <br>Now rigid bodies have just very simplified polygonal rendering.<br>Also we cannot just copy all data from existing transform node, because Bullet requires that origin of a rigid body coordinate center should be in its center of mass.<br><br>So I copied data from the resulting worldMatrix attribute.<br>Get the dynamicaUI.mel file r2051, I think this should solve your problem.<br><br>Thanks again,<br>Roman<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2308">rponomarev</a> — Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[hotdoggyurkeyam]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-02-26T19:09:11+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-02-26T19:09:11+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17652#p17652</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17652#p17652"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17652#p17652"><![CDATA[
Thanks for taking a look at it, rponomarev. Really appreciate the help!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6344">hotdoggyurkeyam</a> — Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:09 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[rponomarev]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-02-23T20:34:18+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-02-23T20:34:18+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17608#p17608</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17608#p17608"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17608#p17608"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br><br>I reproduced the problem.<br>This happens because plugin currently always creates a new transform node when converting<br>existing mesh to rigid body.<br>I also noticed that it does not delete old transform node, so it still is visible, for example, in<br>hypergraph (and it has pivot where it was before).<br>Looks like that we should keep transform node rather than create a new one. This should solve your problem.<br>I'll fix that in near future.<br><br>Thanks for pointing on that,<br>Roman<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2308">rponomarev</a> — Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:34 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[hotdoggyurkeyam]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-02-18T20:33:32+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-02-18T20:33:32+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17524#p17524</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17524#p17524"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17524#p17524"><![CDATA[
Hi there. I am using Maya SP1A 2009 x64 on WIndows 7. Everytime I make a polygon object an active mesh rigid body in my scene, the pivot moves to the center of the world. I've froze the transformations of the object, made sure the pivot is centered... and it still does this. One thing I noticed, is under the transform node of the object, the local scale and world scale is not at zero... even when I freeze transformations. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6344">hotdoggyurkeyam</a> — Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:33 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
