<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/473" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-08-21T13:41:37+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/473</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[CaptainNemo]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-21T13:41:37+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-21T13:41:37+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1558#p1558</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1558#p1558"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Slow AxisSweep3 startup]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1558#p1558"><![CDATA[
Hi Erwin,<br> I added the profiling code before and after the PerformDiscreteCollisionDetection call, but I couldn't get it to output the time measurement for this call - the .csv file only contains the standard measurements, not mine, and I don't have the time to investigate the cause. <br>I got the times above by enclosing PerformDiscreteCollisionDetection in timer calls in my own application. Since the times with the Opcode implementation are normal and much better I assume that the cause is not in the way I setup my collision objects. BTW, my times are for 300-500 collision objects, not 150-200 as stated above.<br><br>Hope this helps.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=742">CaptainNemo</a> — Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:41 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-19T01:31:10+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-19T01:31:10+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1547#p1547</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1547#p1547"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Slow AxisSweep3 startup]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1547#p1547"><![CDATA[
There is definately room for improvements in Bullet, especially in performance optimizations. But 7 seconds startup for ~200 objects sounds like a bug.<br>The CcdPhysicsDemo has 120 objects, and starts without delay. Usually the broadphase cost is very minor compared to narrowphase.<br><br>Do you have a contribution, so we can compare timings? The <a href="http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=469" class="postlink">previous posting</a> has details how to add timings.<br><br>Thanks a lot,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:31 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[CaptainNemo]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-18T19:59:31+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-18T19:59:31+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1545#p1545</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1545#p1545"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Slow AxisSweep3 startup]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1545#p1545"><![CDATA[
I found that the first and possibly second calls to PerformDiscreteCollisionDetection with AxisSweep3 are very slow if I have ca. &gt; 150-200 collision objects. The time for the first calls seems to explode with the number of objects. I get e.g. times of 7 seconds, while later calls need only 8 milliseconds. The time is apparently burned in the Sort... routines in AxisSweep3.<br><br>I built my own broadphase using Opcode, and this doesn't show such a behaviour. But Opcodes Sweep and Prune  is generally much faster, I am getting average times of 0.3 milliseconds vs. 8 milliseconds with AxisSweep3.<br>Perhaps there is some room for improvement.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=742">CaptainNemo</a> — Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:59 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
