<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/457" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-08-11T22:01:52+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/457</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-11T21:22:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-11T21:22:24+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1495#p1495</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1495#p1495"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[bug on CcdPhysicsController destructor]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1495#p1495"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>btw, which is the use of myMotionState? </div></blockquote>Every application needs to provide a derived class of PHY_IMotionState.<br>This synchronizes the physics and graphic transform. Typically you would derive your own version for your particular graphics transform class.<br><br>I will put the ownership of data / initialization on the TODO.<br>Thanks for the useful feedback.<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:22 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[vicviper]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-08-11T22:01:52+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-08-11T20:58:51+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1494#p1494</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1494#p1494"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[bug on CcdPhysicsController destructor]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1494#p1494"><![CDATA[
While working on my framework, I found two things that can be potentially dangerous:<br><br>The first one is not a bug, but it took me a while to trace the source of the continuous crashes when exiting the app:<br><br>On CcdPhysicsDemo, when you define this:<br><br>CcdConstructionInfo ccdObjectCi;<br><br>There's a parameter missing, that causes a crash if the CcdPhysicsController is called, the parameter is this one:<br><br>ccdObjectCi.m_physicsEnv = CurrentPhysicsEnvironmet;<br><br>The other problem is also in CcdPhysicsController destructor, the reason is that the destructor deletes the pointer to PHY_IMotionState* . Both in the CcdPhysicsDemo and my framework, the "myMotionState" objects are stored in the stack, not in the heap, so when the destructor of CcdPhysicsController is invoked, it causes a crash.<br><br>btw, which is the use of myMotionState?<br><br>CcdPhysicsController should not delete the PHY_IMotionState* pointer, since it's the user task to create the object, it is also the user task to destroy it.<br><br>Also, I noticed there are several structures in Bullet that require to be filled with correct parameters; I noticed that when filling some of them, there are parameters missing here and there, I figure you know what you're doing, but this can be prone to miss critical parameters, that are hard to trace. What I usually do is to add a "Reset" or "Clear" function that resets the structure values to its default, so I avoid missing to fill them correctly.<br><br>Hope it helps<br><br>Vic<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=559">vicviper</a> — Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:58 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
