<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/4561" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2010-01-19T06:49:35+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/4561</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-01-19T06:49:35+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-01-19T06:49:35+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17056#p17056</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17056#p17056"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Update Physic Shape]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=17056#p17056"><![CDATA[
Generally it is not recommended to change the shape while its body is in the world, so either remove the body from the world first, or use <span style="color:#FF0000">cleanProxyFromPairs</span> to flush the contacts (as you already mentioned).<br><br>In the latest trunk there is a new method, '<span style="color:#FF0000">setImplicitShapeDimensions</span>' that lets you change the shape of a capsule (or box, cylinder, cone). This will be available in Bullet 2.76 later this month.<br>Note that the implicit shape dimensions store half extents such as radius and not full extents such as diameter.<br><br>So to set a new radius and length of a capsule, use:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>//remove the body from the world before making any change to the collision shape (or use cleanProxyFromPairs afterwards)capsule-&gt;setImplicitShapeDimensions(btVector3(radius,0.5*length,radius));//re-add the body into the world, or call cleanProxyFromPairs</code></pre></div>Thanks for the feedback,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:49 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sio2interactive]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-01-09T04:31:29+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-01-09T04:31:29+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16883#p16883</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16883#p16883"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Update Physic Shape]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16883#p16883"><![CDATA[
Allright got it... probably totally unoptimized but waever...<br><br>_btBroadphaseInterface-&gt;getOverlappingPairCache()-&gt;cleanProxyFromPairs( _btRigidBody-&gt;getBroadphaseProxy(), _btCollisionDispatcher );<br><br>If someone have a better version please post it.<br><br>Cheers!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2626">sio2interactive</a> — Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sio2interactive]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-01-08T21:51:04+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-01-08T21:51:04+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16880#p16880</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16880#p16880"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Update Physic Shape]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16880#p16880"><![CDATA[
I see, allright, fair enough...<br><br>I implement to recreate a new capsule every frame, now how can I flush the contact points?<br><br><br>Tks in advance,<br><br>Cheers,<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2626">sio2interactive</a> — Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:51 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-01-08T16:35:05+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-01-08T16:35:05+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16873#p16873</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16873#p16873"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Update Physic Shape]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16873#p16873"><![CDATA[
There is no easy way right now, apart from re-creating a new capsule. <br><br>I'll make sure to add the feature for upcoming Bullet 2.76 release. This should be available later this month.<br>You can read implementation details and track progress here <a href="http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/detail?id=325" class="postlink">http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/detail?id=325</a><br>Thanks,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:35 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sio2interactive]]></name></author>
		<updated>2010-01-08T03:42:16+00:00</updated>

		<published>2010-01-08T03:42:16+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16860#p16860</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16860#p16860"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Update Physic Shape]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16860#p16860"><![CDATA[
Quick question that sounds simple but I can't find the answer...<br><br>I want to resize a btCapsuleShapeZ, Im currently using the shape for a character and when the animation of this character is running I want to update the height and radius...<br><br>How can I do that?<br><br>Obviously I don't want to recreate a new collision shape every frame, and do not want to use a convex hull or triangle mesh and update all the tris/verts every frame either... the simplest solution is simply to update the height and radius to fit the current dimXYZ of my animation frame.<br><br>Tks in advance,<br><br>Cheers,<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2626">sio2interactive</a> — Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:42 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
