<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/4449" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2009-12-20T14:12:02+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/4449</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[pico]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-12-20T14:12:02+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-12-20T14:12:02+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16591#p16591</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16591#p16591"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Change height of capsule at runtime]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16591#p16591"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>there is an issue in Bullet which doesnt let you change local scale of cylinders and capsules after creation.<br><a href="http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/detail?id=178" class="postlink">http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/detail?id=178</a><br><br>A custom character controller is needed for many reasons. Here are some:<br><br>*don't get stuck on triangle edges<br>*climbing stairs with your avator<br>*avator stay/slip depending on normal<br>*avator recover from penetration without adding impulses<br>*avator local velocity <br>*elevators that make your avatar stick to them<br>etc<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2013">pico</a> — Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[JeDi]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-12-14T09:26:34+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-12-14T09:26:34+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16515#p16515</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16515#p16515"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Change height of capsule at runtime]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=16515#p16515"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>We have implemented our own physical movement system using a capsule rigid body with a lot of damping and friction, and it behaves very well. The physics simulation gives us all we need: sliding along walls, steps and slopes, ...<br><br>The system also allows to switch between different movement modes: fly mode (without gravity, local axis movement), helicopter mode (also without gravity, but with global up/down movement so you can easily look down and still move forward/backward in the same height layer) and walk mode (with gravity). Everything works perfectly, but I want the capsule to be a sphere when in fly or helicopter mode. I can't seem to find the documentation on how to do this, nor a post in the forum with the same issue.<br><br>I am thinking about different things:<br>- change the height of the capsule to zero, but I can't find a way to do this after creating the shape<br>- use setLocalScaling to non-uniformily scale over the Y axis. Is this supported in a CapsuleShape?<br>- use a MultiSphereShape with two spheres. The documentation sais the spheres can be animated individually, but I can't find out how to actually do that. If this is possible, I can move the spheres together when transitioning between modes<br><br>The ideal solution of course would be that I can just change the height of the capsule dynamically. If anyone knows how to do that (or any of the other things above), that would be great!<br><br>On another note, I am wondering why anyone would use the CharacterController class, which seems to re-implement a lot of things a dynamic body would provide automatically. The only thing I can think of is jumping, which isn't implemented yet in the controller code, and which can very easily be added to a dynamic body using an upwards impulse and some clever ray shooting to determine whether a jump is possible or not.<br><br>Greetings,<br>JeDi<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2915">JeDi</a> — Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:26 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
