<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/438" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-07-27T01:39:25+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/438</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-07-27T01:39:25+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-07-27T01:39:25+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1420#p1420</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1420#p1420"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Why I have to use a commercial physics library?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1420#p1420"><![CDATA[
Havok and Ageia are optimized for several consoles and platforms, are very high quality (fixed or provide workarounds for all kind of problems that typically arise) and they have good toolchains, and professional support and customization.<br>Bullet has toolchain support through COLLADA, but support is limited. Still, its collision detection and other features are mote state-of-the-art then ODE, which has better constraint support at the moment.<br><br>Havok has a fat manual (with years of experience) with tips how to improve your simulation (both quality and performance) and great support. Havok is a great library if you can afford it, its GPU acceleration, quality and continuous collision detection is amazing.<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Maybe support is the most important? or I'm wrong?</div></blockquote>You are right, support is important, but ODE has good support through the mailing list. I'm optimizing Bullet for CELL architecture, but it will not be as fast as Havok.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:39 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[mipmap]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-07-26T21:22:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-07-26T21:22:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1419#p1419</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1419#p1419"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Why I have to use a commercial physics library?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1419#p1419"><![CDATA[
I have experimented a little bit with ODE and I know the problems of the library:instability, tricky parametres to tweak, poor integrator and other related problems. Since I have not used so far any commercial physics library my question is simple and clear:<br>What are the advantages in using using a commercial library instead of ODE or BULLET?<br>Let's concentrate on havok for example.<br>What are the advantages? no tricky parameters? easy of use? performance? support?<br>Maybe support is the most important? or I'm wrong?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=651">mipmap</a> — Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:22 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
