<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/400" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2009-11-04T20:32:30+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/400</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[RJNelson68]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-11-04T20:32:30+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-11-04T20:32:30+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=15903#p15903</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=15903#p15903"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: breakable constraints]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=15903#p15903"><![CDATA[
OK I have a nearly working system but I need to access the btDiscreteDynamicsWorld from btRigidBody to perform the removeConstraint function. <br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>void btRigidBody::checkToBreakConstraints(){for (int i = 0; i &lt; m_constraintRefs.size(); ++i){btTypedConstraint* constraint = m_constraintRefs[i];if(constraint-&gt;getBreakable()){btScalar imp1 = constraint-&gt;getAppliedImpulse();btScalar imp = imp1 * imp1;if(imp &gt; constraint-&gt;getBreakThreshold())        }}}</code></pre></div>As you can tell I added a flag and a float to use for detecting if the joint is breakable and what the break threshold would be. Can someone tell me how to access the world so I can call the function?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=5695">RJNelson68</a> — Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:32 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[RJNelson68]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-11-04T05:19:31+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-11-04T05:19:31+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=15871#p15871</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=15871#p15871"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: breakable constraints]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=15871#p15871"><![CDATA[
I realize this is an old post, but where could you detect the constraint's id? I am just looking for a place that this could be utilized becasue as far as I can tell the forces applied to the joints are not exposed to use something like this.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=5695">RJNelson68</a> — Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:19 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-07-03T17:05:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-07-03T17:05:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1265#p1265</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1265#p1265"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[breakable constraints]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1265#p1265"><![CDATA[
To trigger breaking chains, collapsing bridges etc. there is a new getAppliedImpulse to measure 'stress' on the constraints. A bridge can be build using 'hinge' constraint, or a bunch of point-to-point constraints.<br><br>The stress/appliedImpulse can be read out in the very latest RC3 preview43 build, see the included breaking_chain.blend.<br><br>Win32:<br><a href="http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/index.php?dir=blender/&amp;file=blender-2.42-RC3_preview43-windows.zip" class="postlink">http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... indows.zip</a><br><br>Linux:<br><a href="http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/index.php?dir=blender/&amp;file=blender-linux-2.42-RC3-preview43.tgz" class="postlink">http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... view43.tgz</a><br><br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>#shows breaking constraints dependent on constraint 'appliedImpulse'import PhysicsConstraintsimport GameLogicob = GameLogic.getCurrentController().getOwner()#ob.id points to the constraint idimp1 = PhysicsConstraints.getAppliedImpulse(ob.id)imp = imp1*imp1print impbreakingTreshold = 0.82if imp&gt;breakingTreshold:    PhysicsConstraints.removeConstraint(ob.id)</code></pre></div> <br><br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:05 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
