<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/3725" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2011-10-27T15:05:33+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/3725</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[zarlox]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-10-27T15:05:33+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-10-27T15:05:33+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=25988#p25988</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=25988#p25988"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: setLinearVelocity]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=25988#p25988"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Hi, I'm putting more checks in my code, and wanted to know the effect on a btRigidBody that has its CF_KINEMATIC_OBJECT or CF_STATIC_OBJECT flag raised?<br><br>Should I be not allowing a call to setLinearVelocity on rigidBodies that have those flags set?<br><br>Does linearvelocity, mass, inertialtensors, and all the rest only apply to dynamic rigidbodies?</div></blockquote>As far as i know, yes, velocity , forces, mass and inertia all only relates to dynamic bodies.<br><br>A static body is meant to be static, meaning it will never move.<br><br>A kinematic body is meant to be moved manually and then stay in place where you place it.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8092">zarlox</a> — Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:05 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[russellbartley]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-06-19T06:19:30+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-06-19T06:19:30+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=14050#p14050</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=14050#p14050"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: setLinearVelocity]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=14050#p14050"><![CDATA[
sorry wrong thread.<br><br>Shall I create another elsewhere?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2712">russellbartley</a> — Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:19 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[russellbartley]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-06-18T08:27:53+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-06-18T08:27:53+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=14019#p14019</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=14019#p14019"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[setLinearVelocity]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=14019#p14019"><![CDATA[
Hi, I'm putting more checks in my code, and wanted to know the effect on a btRigidBody that has its CF_KINEMATIC_OBJECT or CF_STATIC_OBJECT flag raised?<br><br>Should I be not allowing a call to setLinearVelocity on rigidBodies that have those flags set?<br><br>Does linearvelocity, mass, inertialtensors, and all the rest only apply to dynamic rigidbodies?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2712">russellbartley</a> — Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:27 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
