<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/369" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-06-16T15:03:18+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/369</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-06-16T15:03:18+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-06-16T15:03:18+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1174#p1174</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1174#p1174"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Floating point exception in GjkPairDetector::GetClosestPoint]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1174#p1174"><![CDATA[
It is an early-out test for optimization.(if the distance between two objects is larger then the maxDistance, we are not interested in results). I disabled this optimizatoin (testing) by setting the maximum to 1e30f, so it should fail the early out optimization.<br><br>I'm not using exception handling, so I didn't realize it causes troubles.<br>I'll fix it.<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:03 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[SnadderLars]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-06-16T03:44:34+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-06-16T03:44:34+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1172#p1172</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1172#p1172"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Floating point exception in GjkPairDetector::GetClosestPoint]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1172#p1172"><![CDATA[
I'm trying to run the CcdPhysicsDemo and I get a floating point exception in GjkPairDetector::GetClosestPoints, line 82 in my version of the sources:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>if ((delta &gt; SimdScalar(0.0)) &amp;&amp; (delta * delta &gt; squaredDistance * input.m_maximumDistanceSquared))</code></pre></div>It's caused by squaredDistance * input.m_maximumDistanceSquared where<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>   squaredDistance = SIMD_INFINITY   input.m_maximumDistanceSquared = 1.0E+30</code></pre></div>the multiply results in +INF which triggers the exception.<br><br>Is this on purpose? What happens with the compare when one side is INF?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=592">SnadderLars</a> — Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:44 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
