<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/3340" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2009-08-11T10:47:53+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/3340</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Hamstray]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-08-11T10:47:53+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-08-11T10:47:53+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=14716#p14716</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=14716#p14716"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Possibly not the easiest CG question ever? Rotmat]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=14716#p14716"><![CDATA[
norm the result by dividing by the last component (unless it's zero). it is generally easier to work with normed matrices which have sc = 1. the skew part sort of makes things difficult otherwise all your elements stay normed.<br><br>i for one like to distinguish between elements with the last component 0 (which are not affected by translation), which i think of as 'vectors' (since the space we are thinking in is 1 dimension less) and elements with the last component 1, which i think of as 'vertices' (so that 'vertex' - 'vertex' -&gt; 'vector'). but i obviously haven't thought this through when you have a skew part.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1539">Hamstray</a> — Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:47 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[mcan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-03-13T08:29:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-03-13T08:29:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12917#p12917</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12917#p12917"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Possibly not the easiest CG question ever? Rotmat]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12917#p12917"><![CDATA[
Hello, I took a CG-course at my university some years ago, so I did known the answer on this question but now I have forgotten it... Can someone please tell me how the rotation matrix worked.<br><br>Let's say we have a 2D system the we make a 3-dim rotation matrix, and we add a 1 in all our vectors to be able to calculate with them:<br><br>T = [r1 r2 tx, r3 r4 ty, s1 s2 sc]   v = [x, y, 1]<br>r1 - r4 is the rotation cos -sin and so on, dx dy is translation in x and y.<br>But to my recollection s1, s2 were scew and sc where scale. However when I do the calculations:<br>T*v = [r1*x+r2*y+tx*1,  r3*x+r4*y+ty*1,  s1*x+s2*y+sc*1] = v2<br><br>So the translation works fine here, and also the rotation. But since this only is a 2d system didn't one just throw away the last element in the v2 vector? which is the one including the scew and the scale variable...<br><br>What am I missing?<br><br><span style="font-size:50%;line-height:116%"><br>(I write ',' for new line i.e:<br>T = [<br>r1 r2 tx<br>r3 r4 ty<br>s1 s2 sc<br>]</span><br><br>//Markus<br><br><span style="font-size:50%;line-height:116%">PS. Placed it in this forum because it's a strictley mathematical problem</span><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=3168">mcan</a> — Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:29 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
