<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/3098" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2009-02-05T17:12:49+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/3098</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Mitox]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-02-05T17:12:49+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-02-05T17:12:49+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12410#p12410</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12410#p12410"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[[Solved] Benchmarking - segment/triangles]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12410#p12410"><![CDATA[
It was my fault, I gave a vertexStride with the gmtl vectors size instead of the btVector3.. so there was a problem with the triangle array of course..<br><br>It works great now !<br><br>Thanks,<br>Thomas<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=3067">Mitox</a> — Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:12 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-02-03T20:20:49+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-02-03T20:20:49+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12392#p12392</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12392#p12392"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Benchmarking - segment/triangles]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12392#p12392"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>I've got some incoherent results reporting collision</div></blockquote>The rayTest should work in most cases, except for degenerate triangles or extreme ray length.<br>Can you provide a reproduction case that shows the incoherent results in one of the Bullet demos? <br><br>Thanks,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:20 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Mitox]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-02-03T14:31:11+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-02-03T14:31:11+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12389#p12389</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12389#p12389"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Benchmarking - segment/triangles]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12389#p12389"><![CDATA[
I'm coming back about my benchmarking !<br><br>I integrated bullet in my application following the example of "ConcaveRaycastDemo", but I've got some incoherent results reporting collision when there is none (just sometimes not everytime, that's the most disturbing..).<br><br>So my questions are :<br>- Does the "raytest" works fine when the ray is totally included in a closed triangulated environment ?<br>- Is there some conditions on the ray, about the length maybe ?<br><br>Some particularity of my code (even if I don't think it can be part of my problem) :<br>- each vertex appears in the btTriangleIndexVertexArray multiple times  (each time there is a triangle they are a part of)<br><br><br>Thanks again,<br><br>Thomas<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=3067">Mitox</a> — Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:31 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Mitox]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-01-23T08:31:36+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-01-23T08:31:36+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12239#p12239</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12239#p12239"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Benchmarking - segment/triangles]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12239#p12239"><![CDATA[
I'm doing continuous collision detection with particles, and I interpolate the trajectory by a line to find if there was a hit point during the displacement. <br>From what you told me I think the btCollisionWorld::btRayTest match what I want <br>(I assumed the continuous detection collision in bullet only considered triangles/triangles intersection as other libraries do, so the triangle/triangle intersection tests would be "overevaluated" compared to the method I want to benchmark)<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Thomas<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=3067">Mitox</a> — Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-01-22T20:24:26+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-01-22T20:24:26+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12235#p12235</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12235#p12235"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Benchmarking - segment/triangles]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12235#p12235"><![CDATA[
The btCollisionWorld::btRayTest is actually a segment with a start and end, and it returns the first hit and hit point/normal.<br><br>This is different from a segment/triangle test, that returns the penetration depth/normal. You can use a btMultiSphereShape with 2 spheres of radius 0 (and set collision margon to zero) to emulate a ray segment for this test.<br><br>What kind of query do you perform between segment and triangle? hit fraction or penetration depth?<br>Thanks,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:24 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Mitox]]></name></author>
		<updated>2009-01-20T12:04:40+00:00</updated>

		<published>2009-01-20T12:04:40+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12186#p12186</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12186#p12186"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Benchmarking - segment/triangles]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=12186#p12186"><![CDATA[
Hello (I don't now if I choose the best location to post.. but I hope so !)<br><br>I would like to make a benchmark between bullet and an other collision detection algorithm. I just would like to know if bullet has the possibility to test : segment - triangles collision.<br>From my first contact with bullet I saw "Raycast" may -kind of- suit for my tests, but in my situation the ray has only a limited length, is there some Demo/code I should look at for a more precise benchmark ?<br><br>Thank you in advance for any answer !<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=3067">Mitox</a> — Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:04 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
