<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/2892" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2011-07-08T09:04:02+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/2892</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[lika147]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-07-08T09:04:02+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-07-08T09:04:02+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24126#p24126</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24126#p24126"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.73 SP1 released: fast btCudaBroadphase, SSE sol]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=24126#p24126"><![CDATA[
In this release CharacterDemo crash at startup. I also see problems with acces to btRigidBody from my classes. With 2.72 all works properly. I was compiled it <a href="http://www.authority2win.com/" class="postlink">internet marketing tips</a> VC2008EE, and I tested on Vista x64 and Windows XP, on both systems I have errors. In Debug mode CharacterDemo is ok.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8388">lika147</a> — Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:04 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[diehard]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-11-26T14:42:34+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-11-26T14:42:34+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11565#p11565</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11565#p11565"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.73 released: fast btCudaBroadphase]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11565#p11565"><![CDATA[
Hey Erwin Coumans,<br>Please recognized another nice iPhone engine using Bullet, called sio2:<br><a href="http://sio2interactive.com/" class="postlink">http://sio2interactive.com/</a><br><br>Join their development group for Bullet support:<br><a href="http://code.google.com/p/sio2/" class="postlink">http://code.google.com/p/sio2/</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2471">diehard</a> — Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:42 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Enrico]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-11-25T13:38:44+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-11-25T13:38:44+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11555#p11555</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11555#p11555"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.73 released: fast btCudaBroadphase]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11555#p11555"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>you have left some errors in the 2.73 package:<blockquote class="uncited"><div>/data/bullet-2.73/Demos/ConstraintDemo/ConstraintDemo.cpp:35:1: warning: "M_PI" redefined<br>In file included from /data/bullet-2.73/src/LinearMath/btScalar.h:20,<br>                 from /data/bullet-2.73/src/LinearMath/btQuadWord.h:19,<br>                 from /data/bullet-2.73/src/LinearMath/btVector3.h:20,<br>                 from /data/bullet-2.73/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/btCollisionWorld.h:71,<br>                 from /data/bullet-2.73/src/btBulletCollisionCommon.h:22,<br>                 from /data/bullet-2.73/src/btBulletDynamicsCommon.h:20,<br>                 from /data/bullet-2.73/Demos/ConstraintDemo/ConstraintDemo.cpp:19:<br>/usr/include/math.h:355:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition<br>/data/bullet-2.73/Demos/ConstraintDemo/ConstraintDemo.cpp:36:1: warning: "M_PI_2" redefined<br>/usr/include/math.h:356:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition</div></blockquote>M_PI is usually defined in <em class="text-italics">math.h</em>, so there is no need to define it anyway again...<br><br>Running on Red Hat 5 x86_64:<blockquote class="uncited"><div>./autogen.sh<br>running aclocal<br>running libtool<br>libtool worked.<br>running automake<br>configure.ac: installing `./missing'<br>Demos/AllBulletDemos/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'<br>Extras/Makefile.am: installing `./compile'<br>src/Makefile.am:293: whitespace following trailing backslash<br>Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'<br>running autoheader<br>running autoconf<br>configure.ac:120: error: possibly undefined macro: _AC_SRCDIRS<br>      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.<br>      See the Autoconf documentation.<br>autogen.sh complete</div></blockquote>Then executing ./configure:<blockquote class="uncited"><div>checking how to create a directory tree... mkdir -p<br>checking for install... /usr/bin/install -c<br>checking for doxygen... doxygen<br>checking for dot... dot<br>checking for perl5... no<br>checking for perl... perl<br>checking for perl5... (cached) perl<br>checking for TemplateToolkit... no<br>checking for ttree... no<br>checking how to disable C++ exceptions... -fno-exceptions<br>./configure: line 23155: syntax error near unexpected token `"."'<br>./configure: line 23155: `    _AC_SRCDIRS(".")'</div></blockquote>cmake build compiles so far...<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1749">Enrico</a> — Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:38 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[rponomarev]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-11-25T00:15:02+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-11-25T00:15:02+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11547#p11547</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11547#p11547"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.73 released: fast btCudaBroadphase]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11547#p11547"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Hi Erwin,<br><br>Nice work on the new CUDA broadphase - it's good see somebody using the code from our CUDA SDK for something useful!<br><br>There are a lot of ways you could optimize this code. Have you tried doing the scan using CUDPP? It might be a bit faster than doing it on the CPU (avoids the transfers).<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Simon.</div></blockquote>Hello Simon,<br><br>Thanks for the reply.<br>I plan to move more code to the CUDA side and the scan is definitely one of the candidates.<br>However I don't expect a big perfomance gain from it - now scan takes only a small (~1%) amount of time.<br>I will optimize the time-consuming code code first<br><br>Thanks again,<br>Roman Ponomarev<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2308">rponomarev</a> — Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:15 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[nadro]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-11-24T13:48:41+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-11-24T13:48:41+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11541#p11541</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11541#p11541"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.73 released: fast btCudaBroadphase]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11541#p11541"><![CDATA[
Hi,<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>BT_DECLARE_ALIGNED_ALLOCATOR(); </code></pre></div>don't solve this problem.<blockquote class="uncited"><div>How do you allocate a btRigidBody exactly?</div></blockquote>I create class "CollisionPack" with CollisionShape, Body, Mass etc. and next I use it for my Entity class. When Entity is create I apply position, rotation and add Body from "CollisionPack" to physic world by 'addRigidBody'<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1817">nadro</a> — Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:48 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[simesgreen]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-11-24T11:38:52+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-11-24T11:38:52+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11540#p11540</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11540#p11540"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.73 released: fast btCudaBroadphase]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11540#p11540"><![CDATA[
Hi Erwin,<br><br>Nice work on the new CUDA broadphase - it's good see somebody using the code from our CUDA SDK for something useful!<br><br>There are a lot of ways you could optimize this code. Have you tried doing the scan using CUDPP? It might be a bit faster than doing it on the CPU (avoids the transfers).<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Simon.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2142">simesgreen</a> — Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:38 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-11-24T04:26:36+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-11-24T04:26:36+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11534#p11534</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11534#p11534"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.73 released: fast btCudaBroadphase]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11534#p11534"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>When I use 'class btQuadWordStorage' instead 'ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED16(class) btQuadWordStorage' all is ok. I use VS2008EE. Maybe 'ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED16(class) btQuadWordStorage' shouldn't default parameter?</div></blockquote>We are preparing for SIMD support, but if it causes problems we could remove ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED16  in a future release.<br>How do you allocate a btRigidBody exactly?<br><br>Can you try to add this at line 76 of btRigidBody.h and see if that helps?<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code> BT_DECLARE_ALIGNED_ALLOCATOR(); </code></pre></div>Thanks for the report,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:26 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-11-24T03:47:14+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-11-24T03:47:14+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11530#p11530</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11530#p11530"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: 2.73 and iPhone]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11530#p11530"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Isn't Bullet supposed to have out-of-box iphone support?</div></blockquote>Bullet library compiles out-of-the box, but libglui not yet indeed. So for demos/graphics on iPhone we provide the <a href="http://oolongengine.com/" class="postlink">Oolong Engine</a>. Just open Oolong Engine2/Examples/Physics/FallingCubes/FallingCubes.xcodeproj and configure your iPhone developer license.<br><br>The Oolong Engine includes the updated Bullet 2.73 library, and uses the same Zlib license:<br><a href="http://oolongengine.googlecode.com" class="postlink">http://oolongengine.googlecode.com</a><br><br>Hope this helps,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:47 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[bram]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-11-23T16:49:38+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-11-23T16:49:38+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11526#p11526</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11526#p11526"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[2.73 and iPhone]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11526#p11526"><![CDATA[
I used Cmake -G Xcode<br>With this I could build most OSX demos with Xcode.<br><br>When I selected iPhone architecture in Xcode, I could only build the libraries.<br>The demos, and libGLUI failed.<br><br>E.g. libGLUI gave me:<br>OpenGL/gl.h no such file or directory.<br><br>Isn't Bullet supposed to have out-of-box iphone support?<br><br>thx,<br><br>  Bram<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2928">bram</a> — Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:49 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[nadro]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-11-23T12:18:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-11-23T12:18:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11525#p11525</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11525#p11525"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.73 released: fast btCudaBroadphase]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=11525#p11525"><![CDATA[
Hi, I found source of my second problem in this release:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>Rev 1493: /src/LinearMath/btQuadWord.h#ifndef USE_LIBSPE2ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED16(class) btQuadWordStorage#elseclass btQuadWordStorage#endif</code></pre></div>In small size test application eg. Bullet demos etc. all works ok, but in my game engine I have problem. When I try get access to Body and return some values eg. position, sometimes I don't have properly value. Example:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>class Entity{...btRigidBody* getBody(){cout &lt;&lt; Body-&gt;getCenterOfMassPosition().getY(); // works okreturn Body;}...};</code></pre></div>but, when sometimes I get this Body, example: <div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>cout &lt;&lt; World-&gt;getEntityManager()-&gt;getEntity(0)-&gt;getBody()-&gt;getCenterOfMassPosition().getY(); // value is wrong</code></pre></div>When I use 'class btQuadWordStorage' instead 'ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED16(class) btQuadWordStorage' all is ok. I use VS2008EE. Maybe 'ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED16(class) btQuadWordStorage' shouldn't default parameter?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1817">nadro</a> — Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:18 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
