<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/284" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-04-01T18:34:02+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/284</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[mderdem]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-04-01T18:34:02+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-04-01T18:34:02+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=842#p842</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=842#p842"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Inertial Confusion]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=842#p842"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br><br>I have implemented a rigid body model using Baraff's paper. I have a case which is too confusing for me.<br><br>I have got two rigid body objects, there is no gravity, both are placed with 45 degrees roll to right. I apply a torque on Z axis. Object A with Ixx=Iyy=Izz=1 rotates nicely on its <strong class="text-strong">own</strong> Z axis.<br><br>The other object with Ixx=5, Iyy=1, Izz=1, starts like the other object but doesn't keep its rotation around its own Z axis and after some seconds it ends up turning about the world X axis.<br><br>I am not able to explain if this is an expected result or a problem in the implementation.<br><br>Any help is appreciated. Thanks.<br><br>P.S. My coord. sys is y forward, x on right, Z up.<br><br>MDE<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=287">mderdem</a> — Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:34 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
