<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/273" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2007-02-25T04:09:59+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/273</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[BioSlayer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-25T04:09:59+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-25T04:09:59+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3634#p3634</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3634#p3634"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3634#p3634"><![CDATA[
I have released a new version with split impulses.<br>and my project has moved to google code.<br><br><a href="http://physics2d.googlepages.com/" class="postlink">http://physics2d.googlepages.com/</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=368">BioSlayer</a> — Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:09 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[BioSlayer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-21T16:41:26+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-21T16:41:26+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3567#p3567</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3567#p3567"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3567#p3567"><![CDATA[
Well the code that?s on sourceforge uses the original version of sequential impulses. But I also have been working implementing his newer version (split impulses) and that is what this fix is for.  Right now I have the split and non split versions of the Erin Catto?s solver algorithm.  My engine supports more then one solver.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=368">BioSlayer</a> — Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:41 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[raigan2]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-21T15:07:13+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-21T15:07:13+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3565#p3565</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3565#p3565"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3565#p3565"><![CDATA[
sequential impulses are used to iteratively build the solution, but in a recent update he added "split-impulses", which separates position and velocity correction.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=748">raigan2</a> — Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:07 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[bone]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-21T15:03:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-21T15:03:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3564#p3564</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3564#p3564"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3564#p3564"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>This is using Erin Cattos algorithm which I thought was called sequential impulses not split impulses.</div></blockquote>To be honest, I've been getting confused between the definitions of these, too.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1626">bone</a> — Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:03 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[BioSlayer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-21T07:01:13+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-21T07:01:13+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3554#p3554</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3554#p3554"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3554#p3554"><![CDATA[
This is using Erin Cattos algorithm which I thought was called sequential impulses not split impulses.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=368">BioSlayer</a> — Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:01 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[raigan2]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-21T05:03:55+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-21T05:03:55+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3553#p3553</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3553#p3553"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3553#p3553"><![CDATA[
was this using Baumgarte or split-impulses for penetration correction?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=748">raigan2</a> — Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:03 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[BioSlayer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-21T04:47:08+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-21T04:47:08+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3552#p3552</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3552#p3552"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3552#p3552"><![CDATA[
Hi I?ve recently rewrote my physics engine called Physics 2D the newer version is called Physics2D.Net and it is completely written in C#. <br>The reason I?m posting about this in this thread is that it uses the Algorithms from Box2D. <a href="http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=149642&amp;package_id=222147&amp;release_id=487442" class="postlink">You can download a 2 day old version on SF.Net.</a><br><br><br>And I had a problem with making a large pyramid like the one in the demo, with the version that splits the impulses The problem was that if I added too many block the pyramid the blocks on the bottom and middle would start shaking very rapidly and the whole thing would start sliding and shifting. I realized this problem was do to the high bias factor but didn?t want to lower it for non-stacking objects. So this is how I solved the problem: during collision detection I have each Body count how many other bodies it is colliding with. Then during the prestep part I calculate a biasMultiplier:<br><br>float biasMultiplier = 1/Pow(Min(b1.CollisionCount, b2.CollisionCount),2);<br><br>And multiply it against bias for each contact in the arbiter.<br><br>This works rather well. The pyramid is a lot more stable.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=368">BioSlayer</a> — Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:47 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[stbuzer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-17T14:42:20+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-17T14:42:20+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3506#p3506</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3506#p3506"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3506#p3506"><![CDATA[
The accumulated impulse is clamped to result in positive value, since collisions are inequality constraints. The original code from Box2D demo handles only cases with restitution=0.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1364">stbuzer</a> — Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:42 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[LonelyStar]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-17T14:05:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-17T14:05:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3504#p3504</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3504#p3504"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3504#p3504"><![CDATA[
Ok, that makes sense.<br><br>I have another question:<br><br>The accumulated normal impulse is clamped, not the normal impulse calculated in every iteration, correct?<br><br>I wondering about the following scenario:<br>A Box (A) is colliding head on with another Box (B) in free space.<br>Both boxes have a elasticity of 1.0:<br><br>A-&gt;     &lt;-B<br><br>Collision is detected -&gt; an Arbiter is created.<br>In The first iterarion, impulse is calculated and applied, the scene should now look like this:<br><br>&lt;-A B-&gt;<br><br>(Which is already the correct outcome).<br>But now the second iteration comes.<br>The calculated impulse is negative! But since the accumulated impulse at this point should be zero, the impulse is not clamped.<br><br>The result is obvious wrong!<br><br>Thanks for clearing things up!<br>Nathan<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1288">LonelyStar</a> — Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:05 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[stbuzer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-02-17T13:17:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-02-17T13:17:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3503#p3503</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3503#p3503"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Box2D Demo &amp; Tutorial]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3503#p3503"><![CDATA[
I think that if there was no collisions between B's at the moment of the A and first B collision there will no impulse propagation, but since the first B got some velocity new collisions will be detected during the next time step and so on.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1364">stbuzer</a> — Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:17 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
